RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I guess I stumbled upon this thread too late. Count me in if there is a second order pending. That’s a nifty solution.

Edit: Count me in on this order if possible.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I don't know how to link my post in my build thread for the installation. If someone can do that it would help anyone with install. Thanks.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
I don't know how to link my post in my build thread for the installation. If someone can do that it would help anyone with install. Thanks.
Anytime you want to link to another post, find the number of the post in the upper right of each post. It's a hyperlink, so if you right-click on it you should find an option to "copy link address". I'm guessing it's starts at post #41 in that thread.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rcmustangs-magnetic-fx4.2048/page-3#post-28262

Try it out.

BTW - I'm definitely going to do this mod. Thanks for the post.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Nice find on the module. Glad it works. Please add me to the list.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Last edited:

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Ok, fellas. I'm waiting to hear back from the vendor on raising the order to 20 and what the total will be. As soon as I hear back I'll update here with the total cost.I will ask for 50% when I get word back on the total and once that is collected I'll place the order. Once I receive the bulk order shipping will be calculated in the most cost effective way to each person. I'll ask for the balance with shipping and then ship all orders at once. That way I don't make multiple trips to the post office. Thanks for showing interest. Got room for 2 more. If there is more interest in the future of at least 10 or more at a time I'll consider doing another run.
RC, if for any reason you do not hear from me within 24 hrs of posting up the request for a deposit, please PM me thru this board. I try to look every night but cannot always do so. I think I have my PM notifications set to send me an email. Just want to make sure you can reach me.

Again, thanks again for doing the legwork that is allowing us to make our Rangers extra special.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
Ok, fellas. I'm waiting to hear back from the vendor on raising the order to 20 and what the total will be. As soon as I hear back I'll update here with the total cost.I will ask for 50% when I get word back on the total and once that is collected I'll place the order. Once I receive the bulk order shipping will be calculated in the most cost effective way to each person. I'll ask for the balance with shipping and then ship all orders at once. That way I don't make multiple trips to the post office. Thanks for showing interest. Got room for 2 more. If there is more interest in the future of at least 10 or more at a time I'll consider doing another run.
Awesome! Thanks for doing this! What will be the best way to get you the funds?
Zelle? PayPal?

Also, looking at the diagram, It shows connecting the red wire to B+. Should it be connected instead to ACC on? It appears that the second method of wiring uses the central unlock to trigger the unfolding. I guess my question is I have autolock enabled so my doors lock automatically when put in gear and driven away. Will the mirrors stay in the unfolded position? I guess this could be tested by pressing the lock button with the engine running. (If you dont have autolock enabled)

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Awesome! Thanks for doing this! What will be the best way to get you the funds?
Zelle? PayPal?

Also, looking at the diagram, It shows connecting the red wire to B+. Should it be connected instead to ACC on? It appears that the second method of wiring uses the central unlock to trigger the unfolding. I guess my question is I have autolock enabled so my doors lock automatically when put in gear and driven away. Will the mirrors stay in the unfolded position? I guess this could be tested by pressing the lock button with the engine running. (If you dont have autolock enabled)
No. Hook it up the way I did. It will work as you see in the video. Auto lock in gear has nothing to do with the way it functions. They all auto lock by default unless you disable it. If you want it to unfold everytime you unlock it you hook up the green wire to the unlock wire.

BadRobot65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser 2008
Are you working out a payment option for the down payment.
Thanks
David

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Grunt
No. Hook it up the way I did. It will work as you see in the video. Auto lock in gear has nothing to do with the way it functions. They all auto lock by default unless you disable it. If you want it to unfold everytime you unlock it you hook up the green wire to the unlock wire.
So it works when pressing the lock on the FOB when, does it do the same when using intelligent access, or fingerprint locking on the door handle after exiting?

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
So it works when pressing the lock on the FOB when, does it do the same when using intelligent access, or fingerprint locking on the door handle after exiting?
Please explain fingerprint locking on the door handle.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Please explain fingerprint locking on the door handle.
I assume he means when pressing the door handle on the outside of the door to lock the truck.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yes, key fob or the handle will lock and fold. Anytime it locks.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Grunt