Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
They don't call it the Tremor. It's called the "FX4 MAX".

It gets more stuff like the oversized mud flaps and that cool extended sport bar. Sure looks a bit better than our Tremor.
mqz6zFWcRASm9eZLLB1Q.jpg

ayv0ABOARbuke93utWOZ.jpg

The US version.
2022-Ford-Ranger-Tremor-37.jpg

2022-Ford-Ranger-Tremor-38.jpg
The first 2 photos show it with accessories. The last 2, looks just like ours OEM. Personally I see no difference from stock. We then make them our own by accessorizing/modding. How do we know it comes factory like that?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I have to say our Tremor looks better than the FX4 Max, but I prefer the look of a proper steel front bumper and I can't stand most sports bars...especially the ones that come factory on the global rangers.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
From Ford Media: " The third generation Ranger – those first released in 2011 – were designed and engineered by Ford in Australia, as a global truck, and have gone on to become the most internationally successful models of Ranger. Ranger is built in three locations around the world: Rayong, Thailand; Silverton, South Africa and Wayne, Michigan. "
I do not believe they are built in Australia and unsure where they import them.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
The first 2 photos show it with accessories. The last 2, looks just like ours OEM. Personally I see no difference from stock. We then make them our own by accessorizing/modding. How do we know it comes factory like that?
The last two are the US Tremors. I have no idea if the Ford Ranger FX4Max sold in Australia come with the sport bar and mud flaps. I assume they do since every online review has them attached.

OP
OP

OCL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
North American Rangers are built in Wayne, MI.

Australian & Asia-pacific Rangers are built in Thailand.

European and African Rangers are built in Pretoria, South Africa.

I would imagine South American Rangers are built in Argentina.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
They don't call it the Tremor. It's called the "FX4 MAX".

It gets more stuff like the oversized mud flaps and that cool extended sport bar. Sure looks a bit better than our Tremor.
mqz6zFWcRASm9eZLLB1Q.jpg

ayv0ABOARbuke93utWOZ.jpg

The US version.
2022-Ford-Ranger-Tremor-37.jpg

2022-Ford-Ranger-Tremor-38.jpg
Prefer the US version; like the bumper better and I don't care for the 1980s sports bar in the back

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I can't really see an appreciable difference between the two. I wouldn't have any use for the bar on the back. Whatever it's called, I bought the one that was available where I live. Not going to sit around and wish for something rolling around across the ocean.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I have to say our Tremor looks better than the FX4 Max, but I prefer the look of a proper steel front bumper and I can't stand most sports bars...especially the ones that come factory on the global rangers.

I totally agree with this opinion. I do feel that the US Ranger looks better. I don't like the plastic lowers on the ROTW models.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
The plastic bumpers are compulsory here ( for pedestrian safety) because if you hit a pedestrian with 2400 Kg of truck that's gonna make all the difference! Especially as there is a steel bar behind them anyway. The photos show a stock Aus spec truck, although that spec is not common on the street. The Ranger was designed, engineered and tested here, but they built it in Thailand because the Thai government gives generous tax credits to manufacturers who assemble there. Pretty much ALL dual cab utes sold in the Asia Pacific are built in Thailand regardless of the make excepting the Chinese ones. Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, Ford are all built there.
Sponsored

Reactions: OCL