Atlanta Area Dealer That Installs Trailer Brake Controller?

NoleDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just got a call from my local dealer that had quoted me a price to install the TBC letting me know they are having a really hard time figuring out how to install it. Has anyone in the Atlanta area successfully had one of these installed by a dealer?

Seems their trepidation is running the wires; wondering if I should just take it to an audio installer who is much more comfortable with pulling panels and running wires.
Sponsored

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Bought my Ranger from Jim Tidwell. I had good experience with them. However, I installed the TBC myself. Maybe you want to just go for it one afternoon yourself?

OP
OP

NoleDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Bought my Ranger from Jim Tidwell. I had good experience with them. However, I installed the TBC myself. Maybe you want to just go for it one afternoon yourself?
I am about there, although I’m a notorious clip breaker when messing with panels.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I am about there, although I’m a notorious clip breaker when messing with panels.
Pretty sure any replacement trim pieces and associated clips will cost much less than the install at a dealer. I broke the door sil trim piece and ordered a replacement from Levittown ;)

RudiProtrudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The install is not terribly difficult, just time consuming. There are videos of people installing it on YouTube, and there’s a video on the etrailer site of them doing the redarc install.

Last edited:
Reactions: EJH

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Maybe look to some of the dealers that sell customized trucks since they are likely used to fulfilling customer requests. Jim Ellis in Sandy Springs and Aiken Ford over in Winder are two, but I’m sure they’re are others.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
My brother did mine in NY, but he used to do audio installs (a dying part of the business) but definitely an offroad, light, and audio group will have a better, easier time of it. The only reason it took my brother 5 hours to do is because 3 hours in and 10 minutes to finish it up he realized one of his coworkers stole his step bit and we had to spend 2 hours driving around town to find one at a decent price. (we also had a lazy fall lunch outside too. ) got the step bit, mounted the knob and finished buttoning it up.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Return what you got and buy a Curt Echo, save yourself the hassle

Easy to set up and have had no issues so far. No install either
Sponsored