OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone used this product? Don't think I've seen it come across this forum yet. I get that it is Chicom and not really going to add more protection to your front end beyond a fender bender, but it looks like a decently priced ($500) for a more robust forward mounting point for lights / winch equipment as long as you are fabrication friendly. That and front sensor relocating. You could probably go as far as adding in two addition connection beams onto the common front bumper connection points.

To be honest I think its not too shabby looking to boot and doesn't cost and an arm and leg. Also this version doesn't have the god aweful ARMORDILLO cut out logo going across the front that I see on other versions.

c382ef8c-0620-4151-a754-a149dd15cfa7.ab5eea6cd12dbb6b24582e878b15ce62.jpeg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
seen the brand on a few things around amazon and ebay but never used the parts. it does have a nice look. i dont like that it looks to take the spot of the recovery points. brutally honest, id skip it and hold out for a full replacement instead.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
seen the brand on a few things around amazon and ebay but never used the parts. it does have a nice look. i dont like that it looks to take the spot of the recovery points. brutally honest, id skip it and hold out for a full replacement instead.
Easy solution, buy slightly longer bolts and have both? Seems a rather easy problem to to address.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Easy solution, buy slightly longer bolts and have both? Seems a rather easy problem to to address.
[/QUO
could be a way to go and keep the recovery points :) here is something similar and around the same price. made by warn, of course it has a spot for a winch. 580 something on amazon. likely get a lil cheaper on ebay.
1664090101263.png

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Forget where I saw it but someone got one of these. Said build quality was decent but paint sucked bad. Started rusting and had to strip and then have it powder coated. Just rattle can paint from the maker

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If you're thinking of doing anything with it other than just mounting lights, don't buy it.

There are numerous people on the Jeep forums that bought the Amazon and eBay winch bumpers only to have them come apart when they actually tried to winch themselves out.

Any time someone mentions them, this pic gets posted as a warning.

Failed EAG.jpg

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
If you need that just for appearances, you can probably do better for cheaper on the plumbing aisle of Home Depot - PVC is light, won't throw off steering with increased nose weight, and easily repaired.

If you actually need protection, go with ARB or Ranch-Hand

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
If you need that just for appearances, you can probably do better for cheaper on the plumbing aisle of Home Depot - PVC is light, won't throw off steering with increased nose weight, and easily repaired.

If you actually need protection, go with ARB or Ranch-Hand
I'm interested in seeing if anybody here has done an East Coast Bullbars from Australia, bullbar for the Ranger. If I wasn't so nuts over seeing how far I can push fuel economy I'd give it a try. Would add flavor to my Raptor Theme and add a little Jurassic Park in for flavor.

144.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone used this product? Don't think I've seen it come across this forum yet. I get that it is Chicom and not really going to add more protection to your front end beyond a fender bender, but it looks like a decently priced ($500) for a more robust forward mounting point for lights / winch equipment as long as you are fabrication friendly. That and front sensor relocating. You could probably go as far as adding in two addition connection beams onto the common front bumper connection points.

To be honest I think its not too shabby looking to boot and doesn't cost and an arm and leg. Also this version doesn't have the god aweful ARMORDILLO cut out logo going across the front that I see on other versions.

c382ef8c-0620-4151-a754-a149dd15cfa7.ab5eea6cd12dbb6b24582e878b15ce62.jpeg
I have to ask again...where is it mounted to? If it's just the tow hook area then this...after the first hit...but it does look badass tho....
1664158867852.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: