Are You and “In” or “Out” Guy…?

JayBickles

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Oxford White XLT, 2016 Explorer XLT
Before I picked up my Ranger I made sure i had enough room for it to fit. 2 car garage with my Ranger and wife's Explorer.... Its a tight fit tho!

Garage.jpg

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Ranger fits in my garage. Traded F150 , that would not fit in garage. So .. went from outie to a inie.
I ran into a similar situation...was looking for an F-150 when it dawned on me to check my garage dimensions (house build in 85). The 2018 F-150 Extended Cab specs showed that there would only be 1/2" clearance from the front of the garage wall to the garage door :shock: Really glad to have opted for the Ranger...a little over 10" clearance to walk in front of it and 10" behind it...really nice fit! :)

Long view.jpg

The longest view.jpg

Garage clearance .jpg

Last edited:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
At my last house she actually fit in the garage. At the new one (July of 2020) she doesn't. If I park all the way in with the rear bumper on the frame of the door that leads into the house and the hitch receiver extending into that door way just a little then the nose of the truck still hits the garage door. Not enough to stop it but it rubs the bumper. If I had a license plate up front it would cause a hang up.

So she parks behind the RV gate on the side of the house.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Tony,

What is that red and black thing in front of the Mustang??? It looks like an instrument of torture! ?

Best,
Phil
I swear to GOD, my garage setup is identical. Only difference is I have no cover on my Mustang.

First Name
Jono
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Forester
Park her outside for two reasons

1. Garage is too full of all the crap i've accumulated

2. I can check out the window and get a glimpse of her whenever I want?, which is quite frequently but I'm still in the early honeymoon phase?

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
I ran into a similar situation...was looking for an F-150 when it dawned on me to check my garage dimensions (house build in 85). The 2018 F-150 Extended Cab specs showed that there would only be 1/2" clearance from the front of the garage wall to the garage door :shock: Really glad to have opted for the Ranger...a little over 10" clearance to walk in front of it and 10" behind it...really nice fit! :)

Long view.jpg

The longest view.jpg

Garage clearance .jpg
You really need a couple more shovels! :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Yep. It's been my Covid project. Rebuilt/modified the engine, rebuilt trans, added disc brakes etc.
slant.jpg
growing up my buddies and I all had v8 engines. we would make fun of the guys with 6 and 4 bangers. with one exception, - the slant six mopar. guy we knew had the slant six is his dodge pickup and he was the tire melting king of the high school parking lot lol. one tough engine. he never had to repair it, the rest of us slaved on the small block gms to keep them rolling.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
The house is for my Everest we just live in the garage.

Really though, Our garage is a real two car garage and yes, that means something here. I was looking forward to this the most, no more rolling on the ground in tight spaces. I was going big time, until I pulled in and realized it was longer than the gate. :mad:
It will fit, but I have to put the nose slanted in to the walkway. So I have to modify our gate one day, ...................when Im finished with my other projects :crying:
Sponsored

Last edited: