MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve not heard of one being stolen since I’ve been on this forum. Also, the pickup thefts in T.O. seem to be full size Fords and Rams. The thieves are shipping them overseas to markets where you either can’t easily get a full size pickup or the VAT is outrageously high.

These also tend to be markets where the Ranger is in ample supply, easy to find, and considered “just another truck”. Ain’t no one here risking jail time for a small payday like that. These asshats seem to be grabbing a lot of Mercedes, Range Rovers, BMWs, and other high-end goodies. likely checking items off a shopping list. I’m pretty sure the Ranger’s not on it.
It's nice not to be wanted...
Sponsored

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
just get a big ass k9 and keep him with you?
there is $100 bill in the glove box if you can get in, sometimes even going to the store I leave my keys in it :)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
From an article in the National Post today…

Top ten most stolen vehicles in 2022:

1. 2020 Honda CR-V
2. 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 series
3. 2020 Ford F150 series
4. 2020 Lexus RX series
5. 2021 Toyota Highlander
6. 2019 Honda Civic
7. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
8. 2020 Land Rover Range Rover
9. 2006 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 series
10. 2021 Jeep Wrangler

The 10 vehicles that were least likely to be stolen in 2022:

1. Chevrolet Volt
2. Kia Niro 5DR
3. Cadillac XT5
4. Buick Envision
5. Mini Cooper Countryman
6. Volvo XC90
7. Volkswagen Beetle
8. Chevrolet Corvette
9. Hyundai Ioniq
10. Mazda Mazda2

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
if mine gets stolen i never want it back. i just want my check from the insurance. the recovered cars and trucks come back totally trashed.
My uncle would agree. He had a new Caddie in the 80's an it was stolen. A month later the police found it at a chop shop. His insurance company got it back and all the parts there they could find to it an paid someone to reassemble it an gave it back to him. It was never right. Nothing but problems.

I thought the dodge chargers an challengers were high on the stolen list. I know the Kia's are easy to steal. Some companies won't insure them now.

There are several of these but this one is about car theft:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
My uncle would agree. He had a new Caddie in the 80's an it was stolen. A month later the police found it at a chop shop. His insurance company got it back and all the parts there they could find to it an paid someone to reassemble it an gave it back to him. It was never right. Nothing but problems.

I thought the dodge chargers an challengers were high on the stolen list. I know the Kia's are easy to steal. Some companies won't insure them now.

There are several of these but this one is about car theft:

i loved trunk monkey! guess hes too violent and offensive for gen z lol.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It seems the Ford Edge is a target. Well, at Oakville Assembly (Nautilus & Edge) anyway. This from The Toronto Star…

https://apple.news/Av8Yb9QWtQNGjxHOIu812-g

By Abhiraj Lamba - Staff Reporter​
Tue Jan 23 14:25:00 EST 2024​
Five people have been arrested after 14 brand new vehicles were stolen from the Ford Motor Company plant in Oakville earlier in January.​
Overnight on Jan. 7 to 8 the thieves cut a large hole in the exterior fence surrounding the plant and stole 14 Ford Edge vehicles valued at approximately $630,000, police say.​
Halton Regional Police, in partnership with neighbouring police services, has recovered 12 of the stolen vehicles.​
On Jan. 9, police arrested two of the suspects in Mississauga and on Jan. 10, they arrested another two suspects in Scarborough. These four suspects have been charged with multiple offences including possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.​
On Jan. 11, police arrested a fifth suspect — an alleged member of the Iron Dragons Motorcycle Club, according to police — in Rockwood, Ont. and seized multiple weapons and illegal drugs. The suspect was charged with 54 offences including six counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm, three counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.​
In a media release, Halton police said that other arrests in relation to the investigation have been made by neighbouring police services however no charges had been laid in relation to the initial break-in to the Ford plant.​
The investigation remains ongoing and anyone with information regarding this has been asked to contact police at 905-825-4777 ext. 2216, or anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.​

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Soupie's beard chain makes him highly desirable. =p

Besides, I have the next best thing to the Trunk Monkey - Cheech! =D

style & class
20231221_145825.jpg

look out! he's not scared to get blood on his teal sweater
20231111_102356.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Soupie's beard chain makes him highly desirable. =p

Besides, I have the next best thing to the Trunk Monkey - Cheech! =D

style & class
20231221_145825.jpg

look out! he's not scared to get blood on his teal sweater
20231111_102356.jpg
If soupie was black it would remind me.og Mr. T :)

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It seems the Ford Edge is a target. Well, at Oakville Assembly (Nautilus & Edge) anyway. This from The Toronto Star…

https://apple.news/Av8Yb9QWtQNGjxHOIu812-g

By Abhiraj Lamba - Staff Reporter​
Tue Jan 23 14:25:00 EST 2024​
Five people have been arrested after 14 brand new vehicles were stolen from the Ford Motor Company plant in Oakville earlier in January.​
Overnight on Jan. 7 to 8 the thieves cut a large hole in the exterior fence surrounding the plant and stole 14 Ford Edge vehicles valued at approximately $630,000, police say.​
Halton Regional Police, in partnership with neighbouring police services, has recovered 12 of the stolen vehicles.​
On Jan. 9, police arrested two of the suspects in Mississauga and on Jan. 10, they arrested another two suspects in Scarborough. These four suspects have been charged with multiple offences including possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.​
On Jan. 11, police arrested a fifth suspect — an alleged member of the Iron Dragons Motorcycle Club, according to police — in Rockwood, Ont. and seized multiple weapons and illegal drugs. The suspect was charged with 54 offences including six counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm, three counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.​
In a media release, Halton police said that other arrests in relation to the investigation have been made by neighbouring police services however no charges had been laid in relation to the initial break-in to the Ford plant.​
The investigation remains ongoing and anyone with information regarding this has been asked to contact police at 905-825-4777 ext. 2216, or anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.​
You gotta wonder. With all the thefts of vehicles at assembly plants, it's obviously easy to get into storage yards. I wonder if some enterprising individuals are making a killing boosting tail lights and cats from vehicles waiting to ship. Seems like that would be smarter than trying to get away with a whole vehicle.

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Dealt with it a lot here in the last 12-18 mos, mainly been F150s (especially Raptors) F250s and F350s

I'm not aware of a single Ranger being hit. I have seen it suggested that adding kill switches that mess with the ignition can void the warranty 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'd suggest, if you're concerned, the throttle controller that connects with a t harness behind the accelerator and allows you to lock it out and take the unit with you when you leave the vehicle.

In that instance even if they get in, and get it started, they have a dead pedal.

Pro tip, take the card with the programming code for your keyless entry OUT of the car, they can use that to program new keys on the fly.
Can you provide a link to buy this throttle controller?
Thank you
James

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Funny how they stripped the rear seat out, for maybe $100 and left the tail lights, if it had the BLIS
Sponsored