First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I don't know about others, but I would absolutely love the ability to leave my Ford brick, I mean key fob, at home instead of carrying it around in my pocket. Has anyone else looked into the Apple Car Key stuff that has recently been released? So far it looks like there's only some BMW's that can use it. I sure hope this will be expanded to include our Rangers, and even us 2019 people.
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Ford actually has that feature, but so far, only in Lincolns. Part of the Lincoln version of Ford Pass.

So, basic tech is already in place. I keep hoping either Ford will choose to include the feature for us low lifes, or some dedicated software type finds a way to enable the function external to Ford Pass.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Ford actually has that feature, but so far, only in Lincolns. Part of the Lincoln version of Ford Pass.

So, basic tech is already in place. I keep hoping either Ford will choose to include the feature for us low lifes, or some dedicated software type finds a way to enable the function external to Ford Pass.
Some of the Lincoln's allow an iPhone to be the vehicle's key? No need to carry the Lincoln key fob?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Some of the Lincoln's allow an iPhone to be the vehicle's key? No need to carry the Lincoln key fob?
Yes. Lincoln's "Phone as a Key" is part of Lincoln Way. Can go so far as to remotely enable a friend's phone to work.

There's a setting in the APIM, probably a few others scattered thoughout the modules..
Sponsored