OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
And here I've had various china knock-off grilles that are still in perfect condition after 1-2 years of ownership.

Huh, strange world...

Well, that official Ford grille came from China too, who are we kidding. Guess the new guy running the mold machine at china factory #34,8023 goofed on mixture.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Everything is low quality these days, and OEM doesn't guarantee quality.
I don't know how they are held in place, but plastic tends to crack if the mounting screws are too tight. And if you've done any off-roading it may have twisted with those overtightened screws/mounts.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
And here I've had various china knock-off grilles that are still in perfect condition after 1-2 years of ownership.

Huh, strange world...

Well, that official Ford grille came from China too, who are we kidding. Guess the new guy running the mold machine at china factory #34,8023 goofed on mixture.
Well, I mean in all fairness the guy probably needs more training. He was working at the factory making the "Made in USA" tags last month. Before that was the plant churning out substandard tires... but with all the (fake) proper DOT info. on the sidewalls. But prior to that there was also that whole unfortunate incident :surprised: involving his employment at the dildo plant.....

Ah China. Gotta luv it. :facepalm:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I mean in all fairness the guy probably needs more training. He was working at the factory making the "Made in USA" tags last month. Before that was the plant churning out substandard tires... but with all the (fake) proper DOT info. on the sidewalls. But prior to that there was also that whole unfortunate incident :surprised: involving his employment at the dildo plant.....

Ah China. Gotta luv it. :facepalm:
Finally, someone who gets it.

Someone give this man a promotion.

But one small correction; the clever companies have "assembled in America" tags. You know, to avoid being sued and all that. I digress, China probably prints more American flags as backgrounds on things like stickers than any company in the USA.

Cept firework's boxes. Mexico has cornered the market on that one.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Huh, strange world...

Not a good look for the new OEM FP grilles. Yup, the chinese knock off one I have is doing great and sits outside all day.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
At Ford, Quality is Job #1

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
You don't understand do you, by under mixing the plasticiser on each grille by 1.1 grams every 100th grille is essentially free, and when it cracks they can blame you for leaving it outside (was never designed to go outside) or basically just using the car.

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Should have got the damper upgrade for it.
Sponsored