Anyone purchased the Scratch Protection PPF from WeatherTech yet?

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2019/ranger/scratch-protection/ranger-cab-style-4/supercrew/

Looks like it's just regular ol' PPF. Right now, it's the only complete kit for the Ranger that protects the door edges and sills that's under $200.

Anyone had any luck installing it? I am about to buy it, but I feel like one mess up would be throwing away my $100.
I did not buy this, but I did buy a pre-cut PPF kit for the front end of my truck. After installing it, I wouldn't do it again, I would have a professional do it. It came out OK, and is protecting the front end of my truck, but there are a few edges I didn't get sealed well and now I have black spots in those areas (because it has collected dust and dirt). With that said, those were very curvy areas - the areas in this kit are very straight and flat. I would probably attempt to install this myself, even after my somewhat failure on my first attempt. Installing PPF in flat areas isn't all that hard I don't think. The door handle cups should be pretty easy since it is pre cut.

One man's opinion....

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
$100 for few pieces of film?

Just buy a stock roll from Lamin-X and cut your own. Water and few drops of baby shampoo for slip saves $20.

Still think Bushwhacker covers a better long term truck option.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Just buy a stock roll from Lamin-X and cut your own. Water and few drops of baby shampoo for slip saves $20.

Good film is really expensive for sure. I wouldn't want to cut out those door handle cups - the other areas wouldn't be too bad, though.

I agree- I think the bushwhacker sill covers do a better job of protecting the bottoms of the doors - it is more comprehensive coverage.

OP
OP
AtillaTheHung

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase

It is expensive, but it's all cut with a plotter. I remember years ago when smartphone screen protectors ran into the $50-60 range. Hopefully this will become cheaper or someone can offer the same kit.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
For these two items, one can cut the door fill easily. A paper template could be made for the door. One or two tries could get the shape.
A small roll is good to keep for small projects like this if one likes to use film. I put a small piece under front license plate holder before install. Prevent rubbing. Just a suggestion to someone who is interested.
Agree precut film for front bumper is a big help as film install takes some practice.
Sponsored