Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
One meeleeeon dollass...I could 3D print you one and be just as strong lol....kiddin...

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
everybody outside of California gets better accessories
1674626574558.png
We get beta mags, forgot the stadard 30 round ones. All about 100 round mags. You know incase and entire gang tries to break in. Imagine how many times you have to reload in CA.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I get the want for the light bar up top, but is the extra rail along the truck bed rails aesthetic or does it serve another purpose? It’s illegal in most places in the US to ride in the bed now, so I’ve wondered about the purpose. I thought these would get in the way when trying to move something larger in the truck bed.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I get the want for the light bar up top, but is the extra rail along the truck bed rails aesthetic or does it serve another purpose? It’s illegal in most places in the US to ride in the bed now, so I’ve wondered about the purpose. I thought these would get in the way when trying to move something larger in the truck bed.
It's really not a bed rack or tie down rail per se. It's a roll bar, intended to help prevent the cab and occupants from being crushed in a roll over.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It's really not a bed rack or tie down rail per se. It's a roll bar, intended to help prevent the cab and occupants from being crushed in a roll over.
This one appears more functional as its tied to the bed/frame points...

DWPHJqDVlvA%2Fs1600%2FChevy%2BTruck%2BRoll%2BBars2.jpg

Or DIY?

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
No kidding - I love that rack and would to import one, but I imagine that would be cost prohibitive:/
Remember, that in most of the rest of the world (F150 returns to Australia 2023 MY) there're no full size trucks like here, where the F150 outsells the Ranger by almost 12:1
OEMs call them "Light Bars" or "Accessory Bars" to avoid lawsuits stemming from rollover accidents. Depending on the bar mfr, most don't have the wall thickness to prevent or limit deformation in a crash. Anything not bolted through the box to the frame is probably not going to hod up in a rollover, especially a multiple roll, IMO.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Remember, that in most of the rest of the world (F150 returns to Australia 2023 MY) there're no full size trucks like here, where the F150 outsells the Ranger by almost 12:1

OEMs call them "Light Bars" or "Accessory Bars" to avoid lawsuits stemming from rollover accidents. Depending on the bar mfr, most don't have the wall thickness to prevent or limit deformation in a crash. Anything not bolted through the box to the frame is probably not going to hod up in a rollover, especially a multiple roll, IMO.
Yes indeed, they are mostly cosmetic or accessories mounts, especially if box rail mounted. I was trying to be graceful and not come across as insulting or demeaning to anyone.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
That’s an Aussie rack, mate.
Sponsored