First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@wanted33 Jim, I've been bored so I started playing around with the builds again. I really don't like that Ford has these interior accent colors locked in and you can't change them. Take this picture here it's hideous! It's like a bunch of 12 year olds designed this?

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-7.jpg

So now unless Ford changes this along with adding the High package to the Black Diamond I'm seriously thinking of going Base with Sasquatch. It's one of the best interior colors (black) and value even adding the SAS. The only thing that really bothers me are the cloth seats so I'll just add Katzkins. I figure if I can't get all the tech I want without spending 50K I might just keep my Ranger and go base. Of course I'll probably change my mind 20 more times before it's actually built. :crazy:

Here's what I came up with now. With the Granger Ford discount it will be $34,066.86.

Base SAS.jpg

2021 Bronco
BASE
SUMMARY
Print
EXTERIORS4Edit
  • Velocity Blue
    $0
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, Beadlock Capable Wheels
    $0
  • LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires
    $0
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
    $0
  • Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
    $825
  • Upgraded Front Steel Bash Plates
    $0
  • Brush Guard
    $300
INTERIORS4Edit
  • Black Onyx
    $0
  • Cloth Seats
    $0
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
    $195
  • Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage)
    $0
  • SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition and LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability
    $0
  • SYNC®
    $0
  • SiriusXM® With 360L
    $0
POWERTRAINSS4Edit
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine
    $0
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0
  • Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement
    $0
  • Rear Locking Differential
    $0
  • 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
    $0
PACKAGESS4Edit
  • Standard Package
    $0
  • Sasquatch™ Package
    $4,995
ACCESSORIESS8Edit
Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory.
  • Top, Soft Mesh (Bimini) - Throw-In, Two-Door
    $259
Reserve a Bronco
PRICING SUMMARY
  • BASE MSRPS1
    $28,500
  • OPTIONSS4 & ACCESSORIESS8
    + $7,369
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS17
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS16
    = $37,364
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICES5
    = $37,364
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@wanted33 Jim, I've been bored so I started playing around with the builds again. I really don't like that Ford has these interior accent colors locked in and you can't change them. Take this picture here it's hideous! It's like a bunch of 12 year olds designed this?

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-7.jpg

So now unless Ford changes this along with adding the High package to the Black Diamond I'm seriously thinking of going Base with Sasquatch. It's one of the best interior colors (black) and value even adding the SAS. The only thing that really bothers me are the cloth seats so I'll just add Katzkins. I figure if I can't get all the tech I want without spending 50K I might just keep my Ranger and go base. Of course I'll probably change my mind 20 more times before it's actually built. :crazy:

Here's what I came up with now. With the Granger Ford discount it will be $34,066.86.

Base SAS.jpg

2021 Bronco
BASE
SUMMARY
Print
EXTERIORS4Edit
  • Velocity Blue
    $0
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, Beadlock Capable Wheels
    $0
  • LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires
    $0
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
    $0
  • Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
    $825
  • Upgraded Front Steel Bash Plates
    $0
  • Brush Guard
    $300
INTERIORS4Edit
  • Black Onyx
    $0
  • Cloth Seats
    $0
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
    $195
  • Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage)
    $0
  • SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition and LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability
    $0
  • SYNC®
    $0
  • SiriusXM® With 360L
    $0
POWERTRAINSS4Edit
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine
    $0
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0
  • Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement
    $0
  • Rear Locking Differential
    $0
  • 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
    $0
PACKAGESS4Edit
  • Standard Package
    $0
  • Sasquatch™ Package
    $4,995
ACCESSORIESS8Edit
Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory.
  • Top, Soft Mesh (Bimini) - Throw-In, Two-Door
    $259
Reserve a Bronco
PRICING SUMMARY
  • BASE MSRPS1
    $28,500
  • OPTIONSS4 & ACCESSORIESS8
    + $7,369
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS17
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS16
    = $37,364
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICES5
    = $37,364
I have been thinking the same think Dave. I've got several strategies working in my old worn out mind. One is going with the Big Bend instead of the Outer Banks. I can get the stuff I want without any fluff that I really don't need, i.e. the High and Lux packages. And it will come in at 7K less. All I would do after it arrived is get some different wheels, and I was planning that with the OB. Decisions, decisions......I'm just glad I've got time to come to just one by the time I get the call from Granger.

The one lesser, but viable idea is that I really would like to have a 2 door. So, if I like my Ranger SuperCab as much as I think I can just trade the Jeep for a Lariat CrewCab (fulfilling the need for a 4 door vehicle), and then trade the SuperCab for a 2 door Bronco. This is kind of a crazy idea, and I haven't even ran that one by the wife. It's too early to confuse the matter any further.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have been thinking the same think Dave. I've got several strategies working in my old worn out mind. One is going with the Big Bend instead of the Outer Banks. I can get the stuff I want without any fluff that I really don't need, i.e. the High and Lux packages. And it will come in at 7K less. All I would do after it arrived is get some different wheels, and I was planning that with the OB. Decisions, decisions......I'm just glad I've got time to come to just one by the time I get the call from Granger.

The one lesser, but viable idea is that I really would like to have a 2 door. So, if I like my Ranger SuperCab as much as I think I can just trade the Jeep for a Lariat CrewCab (fulfilling the need for a 4 door vehicle), and then trade the SuperCab for a 2 door Bronco. This is kind of a crazy idea, and I haven't even ran that one by the wife. It's too early to confuse the matter any further.
Oh my you're going to overload her with so much info I bet she just says "do whatever you want to". :giggle: My gf now just rolls her eyes and says "you're looking at that Bronco again"?

Even with the Black Diamond I don't like the stock steel wheels and really don't care for the optional high gloss ones so that means spending another $1,000 or more for aftermarket ones. But I do like the MGV interior so I guess getting aftermarket wheels would be so bad. Hopefully Ford listens to some of these complaints and corrects them for MY22? It would be nice to have all colors an option for all the models and maybe add some tech packages to the mid models too. It would be nice to have the Mid package on the base model but I get that it is a "base" and that's what you get, no frills.

I do see quite a few people on the Bronco forum downgrading theirs too. I'll be curious to see how many drop their reservations and wait a few years? I went from a $50K Badlands which was non SAS to a $34K Base with SAS and( minus all the tech) there really isn't any difference between them when adding the Sasquatch package.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jim @wanted33..... So I sent my info back to Albert today along with a link to my build. I know we have until the end of January but I keep changing my mind like a senile old man so I figured I'd better do it now before I change it agin. :crazy:

I went with the Base SAS and all the options/accessories I listed above. The only thing I did was change the color to white. Seeing as this will be mainly for off roading and cruising around town with the top and doors off I wanted something easy to take care of. Plus even dirty it's still looks fairly clean and I won't have to (hopefully) stress over light scratches where the blue would show them more.

We're going to the off road show next Saturday in Scottsdale where they're supposed to have a couple Broncos on display. I'm sure they'll have a 4 door and if I can get close enough I'll take some pictures for you so you can see what it looks like behind the drivers seat. We have vip tickets which gets us in at 9 am so maybe they'll let us before everyone else get inside at 10 am.

White Bronco SAS.jpg

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim @wanted33..... So I sent my info back to Albert today along with a link to my build. I know we have until the end of January but I keep changing my mind like a senile old man so I figured I'd better do it now before I change it agin. :crazy:

I went with the Base SAS and all the options/accessories I listed above. The only thing I did was change the color to white. Seeing as this will be mainly for off roading and cruising around town with the top and doors off I wanted something easy to take care of. Plus even dirty it's still looks fairly clean and I won't have to (hopefully) stress over light scratches where the blue would show them more.

We're going to the off road show next Saturday in Scottsdale where they're supposed to have a couple Broncos on display. I'm sure they'll have a 4 door and if I can get close enough I'll take some pictures for you so you can see what it looks like behind the drivers seat. We have vip tickets which gets us in at 9 am so maybe they'll let us before everyone else get inside at 10 am.

White Bronco SAS.jpg
@AzScorpion, I like the color Dave, it looks great in white. Thanks for thinking about me, and enjoy the show. The wife, and I are having conversation on what we should do since we learned that we will have to order sooner than we thought. Hopefully with your pictures one of our questions will be answered. :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion, I like the color Dave, it looks great in white. Thanks for thinking about me, and enjoy the show. The wife, and I are having conversation on what we should do since we learned that we will have to order sooner than we thought. Hopefully with your pictures one of our questions will be answered. :like:
Thanks Jim. Hopefully they let me get close enough to get a good look at the inside. So far it seems like Ford is being kind of secretive about what's inside and not letting people sit in or get a good look at them. I know we discussed what you're looking to do with yours but wouldn't the Ranger work for it just in case this didn't? I thought even if you place your order you can still change or cancel it? Seeing as ours is going to be a MY22 I don't see this being a problem.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Jim. Hopefully they let me get close enough to get a good look at the inside. So far it seems like Ford is being kind of secretive about what's inside and not letting people sit in or get a good look at them. I know we discussed what you're looking to do with yours but wouldn't the Ranger work for it just in case this didn't? I thought even if you place your order you can still change or cancel it? Seeing as ours is going to be a MY22 I don't see this being a problem.
Dave, we can use the Ranger at times when were around home. But, when out of town we have to leave her bike in the Jeep. It's bit big to get it into the condo we use at the beach. I think we can cancel our order before the VIN is set. But, the problem there is I have no idea when that would happen, and can't chance being caught flat footed. It's just one of those curve balls life throws you.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, we can use the Ranger at times when were around home. But, when out of town we have to leave her bike in the Jeep. It's bit big to get it into the condo we use at the beach. I think we can cancel our order before the VIN is set. But, the problem there is I have no idea when that would happen, and can't chance being caught flat footed. It's just one of those curve balls life throws you.
Jim, I just came across this video that shows the inside better than any others I've watched. I know it's a 2 dr but I would think they are similar? Hopefully they aren't so secretive Saturday and let us get close up and take pictures. If they do I'll ask them to fold the rear seats down and get some.

I think we would be safe (Oct. orders) that we would be 100% a 2022 so you would have plenty of time to see one in person before the vin is produced. Last I read was everyone after Sept 16th was going to be a MY22 unless of course they have a lot of cancelled reservations. Now that I finally chose mine I don't want to wait. :crying: But I've been burned by first year runs a couple times so it's for the best....But I still don't like it.?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, I just came across this video that shows the inside better than any others I've watched. I know it's a 2 dr but I would think they are similar? Hopefully they aren't so secretive Saturday and let us get close up and take pictures. If they do I'll ask them to fold the rear seats down and get some.

I think we would be safe (Oct. orders) that we would be 100% a 2022 so you would have plenty of time to see one in person before the vin is produced. Last I read was everyone after Sept 16th was going to be a MY22 unless of course they have a lot of cancelled reservations. Now that I finally chose mine I don't want to wait. :crying: But I've been burned by first year runs a couple times so it's for the best....But I still don't like it.?

Thanks Dave. Dang, I do like the 2 door version.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave. Dang, I do like the 2 door version.
So do I and for the amount of time we have two more people in the back it works good for us. Besides it's $2,500 cheaper. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
So do I and for the amount of time we have two more people in the back it works good for us. Besides it's $2,500 cheaper. ?
I agree. Maybe my third option (the one I haven't broached with the boss) is a better idea than I first thought. Oh, the agony........

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
A couple of weeks ago in an effort at "adulting" I sold my Mustang. It never made a lot of sense having 2 vehicles (3 counting the motorcycle) and now working 100% at home it makes even less sense.

I'm quite happy with my Ranger, but it's a bit too long to fit in my garage without a major rearrangement of workbench, cabinets, etc. This is the first time in 10+ years I don't have a separate "fun" car. Trying to stick with a single vehicle that's a good daily driver with off-road capability and fun factor and needs to fit in my garage.

I was thinking in a year or 2 a Bronco would make a nice single vehicle solution. Then the 392 Wrangler happened. Since I'm not all that much of an adult it checks a lot of boxes. I'm concerned that the price will be astronomical. Also, it's only coming in the 4 door version, which is OK, but I sure do like the 2 door Bronco. Hopefully Ford will make the choice harder by making the 2.7 available with the manual.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A couple of weeks ago in an effort at "adulting" I sold my Mustang. It never made a lot of sense having 2 vehicles (3 counting the motorcycle) and now working 100% at home it makes even less sense.

I'm quite happy with my Ranger, but it's a bit too long to fit in my garage without a major rearrangement of workbench, cabinets, etc. This is the first time in 10+ years I don't have a separate "fun" car. Trying to stick with a single vehicle that's a good daily driver with off-road capability and fun factor and needs to fit in my garage.

I was thinking in a year or 2 a Bronco would make a nice single vehicle solution. Then the 392 Wrangler happened. Since I'm not all that much of an adult it checks a lot of boxes. I'm concerned that the price will be astronomical. Also, it's only coming in the 4 door version, which is OK, but I sure do like the 2 door Bronco. Hopefully Ford will make the choice harder by making the 2.7 available with the manual.
From what I read and take that with a grain of salt because it was on the internet, the 392 Wrangler is going to be in the 80K range.

I was all set to get a Bronco Badlands but I just can't seeing shelling out $50K and not being able to see or drive on. The Base with the Sasquatch package is a super deal if you don't care about all the tech and creature comforts. That's what I ordered and I'll keep my Ranger for the luxury so to speak. I really didn't want/need 2 vehicles but it makes more sense right now especially with the deal from Granger Ford at invoice price plus an additional $2K off. Brings my Base SAS to $34,066 so it's a no brainer.

The 2.7 manual will be out but it's going to be a late production in 2021. There are 195,000 reservations so even if you were to reserve one you wouldn't get it until 2022 which by then it will be available. Granger Ford is still offering $1,000 below invoice right now.

https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I won't be ready until at least the end of 2021.

If the 392 is $80K and the 2.7 manual is out it will be an easy decision.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I won't be ready until at least the end of 2021.

If the 392 is $80K and the 2.7 manual is out it will be an easy decision.
Just keep in mind with all the delays from Ford you might be looking at a 2023. They are supposed to open the order banks for reservation holders on 12/7/20 - 1/31/21 but it looks like this too might be delayed until 1/2/21. This could also put production off again which right now is supposed to start somewhere around March of '21.

Ford has already said anyone who has a reservation after Sept 16 2020 will most likely be a MY22 now that looks more realistic. All reservation holders will get theirs before dealers are allowed to place orders for their own stock so there won't be any on the dealers lots for sale for a few years. Only ones will be if someone backs out after delivery to the dealer which will be very few and even then the dealers will sell at a premium. With $100 down (refundable) you guarantee a spot to get one. You can cancel all the way up until your vin is pulled too.

Just throwing it out there if you're really thinking about getting one it's a good idea to reserve one now. Then you'll be in line for a late '22 or possibly a '23 depending on how many reservation holders go through with their orders. :)
Sponsored