First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just saw the Ford website. I need to see one in person, but I might be able to see myself in a Bronco in a year or two.
Sponsored

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
just watched the reveal video on youtube....this damn thing has me thinking mebbe my wife doesn't need her Honda Civic anymore...a 2 door...with the 2.3 EB like in my truck...with those factory rock sliders and the other doodads...

YEARS ago I had me a 1992 Eddie Bauer...and I loved it...it was a monster...but this looks like a very nice sweet spot that falls between what the old Toyota FJ40 could have been and what the Jeep's could be.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Not before 2022 for me, don't want to deal with another buyback...

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Def think it would be nice to check one out in a few years but I’d rather have the raptor ranger before a new bronco.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I really want one. The two door is the only thing I'm looking at. Think a roof-top tent would fit up there.

The base trim with the Sasquatch package is hard to beat. The Badlands trim is comparable to Rubicon for Jeeps and comes with the Electronic Sway Bar disconnect.

I LOVE the 2.3L, and who wouldn't love the 2.7L, but thinking about it, would you ever really need the 2.7L with the two-door?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I really want one. The two door is the only thing I'm looking at. Think a roof-top tent would fit up there.

The base trim with the Sasquatch package is hard to beat. The Badlands trim is comparable to Rubicon for Jeeps and comes with the Electronic Sway Bar disconnect.

I LOVE the 2.3L, and who wouldn't love the 2.7L, but thinking about it, would you ever really need the 2.7L with the two-door?
Personally, I think the 2.7 is overkill for the Bronco. But I understand why Ford did it.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco is very appealing for all the reasons stated above. But, given that the Bronco and Ranger are such close relations, I am going to wait until the new generation of Rangers with the accompanying Raptor comes out before making any decisions. The Rangers of the next generation are likely to pick up a lot of these cool features as well, a boosted 2.7 among them!

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
The Bronco is very appealing for all the reasons stated above. But, given that the Bronco and Ranger are such close relations, I am going to wait until the new generation of Rangers with the accompanying Raptor comes out before making any decisions. The Rangers of the next generation are likely to pick up a lot of these cool features as well, a boosted 2.7 among them!
You're 100% right.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
something else to think about here....I wonder how much of the goodies in the bronco will migrate over to the off-road versions of the new Ranger? 7 speed with a 94-1 crawl ratio. the breakover and departure will still be better in the bronco but lawd it would make the ranger fun for trails and such.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I need a truck bed. I'll just build what I got. :wink:

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’d like a manual and a taller gear ratio, my Ranger with the manual and 4.10s was still my favorite to drive.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Thinking about the Bronco Sport to replace my '15 Escape. It appears to be closer to my '10 that was on the Ranger4G platform, than my current Escape and the interior is more appealing to me than the '20 Escape's.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thinking about the Bronco Sport to replace my '15 Escape. It appears to be closer to my '10 that was on the Ranger4G platform, than my current Escape and the interior is more appealing to me than the '20 Escape's.
I thought the escape was on a focus platform and the explorer was on the Ranger platform.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I thought the escape was on a focus platform and the explorer was on the Ranger platform.
Up through the '12 model year, the Escape was on the CD2 platform and was considered a "truck". With the '13 redo, it was put on the C1 which is thesame platform as the Focus to save money and make it more car like and reclassified as a "wagon".
Sponsored