Anyone besides me aware that there is a World Series going on?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I’ve enjoyed watching. It’s very hard for me to stay awake since my bedtime is between 8:00pm & 8:30pm.(Yeah, I’m one of those exciting folks). These poor eyes really struggle to stay open.:shock: I‘m a Braves fan. The last time they were in the World Series, I was unable to watch it because we couldn’t get that particular channel. I’m happy that everyone seems to be behaving themselves. All the National Anthems have been great. It would be wonderful if we could all come together as a nation and remember what a great country we have. A little brotherly love goes a long way.
Anyway, I hope this is the last night of the Series…sorry Astros fans!:giggle:
Sponsored

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Yep, Im a life long Braves fan. The late nights are wearing me out, but it’s a good distraction from politics and such. Go Braves!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not much of a baseball fan but I do enjoy watching the WS. Was a great game last night and a great start tonight with a Grand Slam HR! With that said....Go Braves!

Tomahawk Chop.png

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Baseball pissed me off when they moved the all star game from Atlanta because of their voting integrity law passing. They also piss me off because they allow a handful of teams to have 250 million dollar payrolls giving them huge advantages over average an small market teams. An now my team the Cleveland Indians gave in an agreed to change their name despite the Braves an Chiefs keeping theirs.

I did flip it on some to watch the big money Dodgers an their #1 payroll lose. I'm not a fan of the Braves or the cheating Astros but I wanted the Braves to win so that weasel Manfred would have to go sit in that stadium after yanking their all star game.

On a positive note one of the starting pitchers on the Brewers is the son of a guy I went to high school with an I was hoping he'd do well.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I'm enjoying the Series. While I'm not a Houston or Atlanta fan, I hope the Series goes all 7 games. I am glad they are returning to Houston though as I find the "tomahawk chop" chant very irritating.

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well… I woke up this morning to see that the Braves got beat pretty bad. Guess there will be at least 1 more game. I haven’t watched an entire game yet!:rolleyes:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm enjoying the Series. While I'm not a Houston or Atlanta fan, I hope the Series goes all 7 games. I am glad they are returning to Houston though as I find the "tomahawk chop" chant very irritating.
Like you I'm not a fan of either or any baseball team for that matter. Never really could get into the sport as most games are to long and boring. Usually the playoffs and the WS have some excitement to them, this one was up and down but a good game overall.

As far as the tomahawk chop goes yeah it can get annoying but it's so much better than "the wave" that everyone use to do. lol :giggle:

The Wave.gif

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
World series........is that the baseball one? Then again I'm 61 years old and have never seen a superbowl either...lol. Just never got interested in any sports. Now ask me about the difference between a 67 and 68 Mustang and I could talk for hours, lol.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve enjoyed watching. It’s very hard for me to stay awake since my bedtime is between 8:00pm & 8:30pm.(Yeah, I’m one of those exciting folks). These poor eyes really struggle to stay open.:shock: I‘m a Braves fan. The last time they were in the World Series, I was unable to watch it because we couldn’t get that particular channel. I’m happy that everyone seems to be behaving themselves. All the National Anthems have been great. It would be wonderful if we could all come together as a nation and remember what a great country we have. A little brotherly love goes a long way.
Anyway, I hope this is the last night of the Series…sorry Astros fans!:giggle:
Hi Tracy,

Not a stick and/or Ball fan.... If it does not take Gasoline, oil and burn rubber...not interested...Besides, I have not watched TV for over 40 years now...

Enjoy cheering your Braves to victory!

Best,
Phil

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Well… I woke up this morning to see that the Braves got beat pretty bad. Guess there will be at least 1 more game. I haven’t watched an entire game yet!:rolleyes:
One of the very few advantages of living on the West Coast is that nationally televised events start at an earlier time of day for us. Of course, now that I am retired, it really doesn't matter to me, no more getting out of bed at 4:55 am. :rockon:

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the very few advantages of living on the West Coast is that nationally televised events start at an earlier time of day for us. Of course, now that I am retired, it really doesn't matter to me, no more getting out of bed at 4:55 am. :rockon:
I definitely look forward to that day!:handsinair::turkey:

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tracy,

Not a stick and/or Ball fan.... If it does not take Gasoline, oil and burn rubber...not interested...Besides, I have not watched TV for over 40 years now...

Enjoy cheering your Braves to victory!

Best,
Phil
Wise man. I would be willing to go without TV, but my husband, definitely would not!:)