Anybody install these? Rough Country 2.5IN Lifted N3 Struts Loaded (19-21 RANGER 4WD)

yungbman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Wondering if anyone on here has installed these on their truck? Please let me know thanks!
501079_1.jpg
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I wouldn't order these unless you can see a set firsthand and determine if they are decent.

Read THIS recent thread for a quick discussion on Rough Country suspension products.

While I have no personal experience with these, I'll reiterate here what I said there:

On the Jeep forums, RC is considered junk.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Rough Country is not considered "junk" by jeepers around here.

But it is considered to be a more entry level, budget oriented brand.

OP
OP
yungbman

yungbman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
i should probably mention main reason im considering is at the moment i dont see me doing any crazy offroading and i mainly wanted a level but didn't want to necessarily use a spacer

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at the Eibach brand Pro Lift front struts. I don't have them myself, just the rears, but I have / still am considering them for the front....

MagneticRang

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Car sales
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone on here has installed these on their truck? Please let me know thanks!
501079_1.jpg
Yes I just did, I love them. It leveled the truck out nicely and have a great ride. They are a little stiffer but still feel smooth driver over big dips, bumps, etc. I did this instead of doing a spacer, I highly recommend them.
A0AE4CF3-DAB5-4073-AC23-86A4EF3CE988.jpeg

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
501079_1.jpg
I did and they really dampened the tailgate nicely, but those springs made it too hard to close it again with just one hand.

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I installed them yesterday. Not a long term review but definitely a better ride than the stock FX4 suspension with 2.5in spacers. The ride is smoother and reduced the nose dive considerably. I asked the same question a couple months ago. I could not find any reviews for them which is surprising.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I installed them yesterday. Not a long term review but definitely a better ride than the stock FX4 suspension with 2.5in spacers. The ride is smoother and reduced the nose dive considerably. I asked the same question a couple months ago. I could not find any reviews for them which is surprising.
Any updates on these? I'm considering them and just wondered how they're doing...

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Any updates on these? I'm considering them and just wondered how they're doing...
So far so good, I’m guessing I’ve put close to 20k miles on them. I drive down rough roads and dirt roads weekly. I live in an extremely flat area so off roading is limited to mud and swamps so no rock crawling or anything. I feel like they have been tested pretty well though. If you tow heavy loads often you might want to go with 2in lift struts. I tow my boat a lot even to SW Florida ( 1200 miles round trip) once last year with no issues just a touch of negative rake.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
So far so good, I’m guessing I’ve put close to 20k miles on them. I drive down rough roads and dirt roads weekly. I live in an extremely flat area so off roading is limited to mud and swamps so no rock crawling or anything. I feel like they have been tested pretty well though. If you tow heavy loads often you might want to go with 2in lift struts. I tow my boat a lot even to SW Florida ( 1200 miles round trip) once last year with no issues just a touch of negative rake.
Many thanks, I don't tow or extreme off-road so these might fit the bill.
Sponsored