Anybody fit a crossover inside the front doors?

waffles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I'm looking at replacing my stock speakers and hoping to not run new cables. Most of the higher end components come with a separate crossover. I've had the door panels off a couple of times already now, but wondering if anyone has found space in there can save me the time of opening them up again just to look.
Sponsored

ABKsDad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I installed a pair of Infinity Kappa component speakers into the front doors. I also struggeld on where to mount the crossover. I initially thought it could mount in behind the speaker below and to the left a little bit but figure out that position would cause issues with the speaker installed. I ened up figuring out that there is a position to the left side of the door could hold the hockey puck size crossover that comes with the Kappa componenents.

Here is where I ended up placing the crossover. You can't put it too low on that cross member in that there is a chunk of plastic on the door skin that will hit the crossover. And too high you start running into the arm rest.
DSC_0082.JPG
Adding a crossover definatly makes the install a lot more interesting. You end up running more wires to get things installed.
DSC_0081.JPG

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
Went with Alpine S-S65C 6.5 components. The crossover they use is inline and about the size of a ball-point pen. Install was a breeze.

7Boomerang7

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 / Lightning Blue
Went with Alpine S-S65C 6.5 components. The crossover they use is inline and about the size of a ball-point pen. Install was a breeze.
I just ordered these, hope they are decent. Pairing with a Kenwood KTP-445U amp and Kenwood DMX709S head unit. The speakers can handle a higher load than the amp can provide, but from what that little amp and the head unit did for the stock speakers alone, I can imagine it could only be better with the new speakers.
Sponsored