• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Any sync 5 news

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
The internet is pretty sparse on any sync 5 updates.

Anyone here know anything? I think sync 4 was introduced in 2018 and it’s nearing the end of its lifecycle, as updates should be soon
Sponsored

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I had not realized sync 4 was so old. My biggest fear is AT&T or whichever carrier is used for the connected features turns off 4G towers and makes the systems go dark. I would suspect a sync 5 system if/when that comes out will use newer 5G cellular technology. This happened with my wife's 2016 BMW that uses AT&T 3G that was turned off a few years ago, which means no more remote locking doors/etc... 4G should hopefully be around a while, but I keep my vehicles usually 10 years, so not sure it'll be around -that- long....

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt the ranger will ever get updated to sync5. Once a vehicle ships with a given version of sync, I don't think Ford really ever pushes major version updates until the next generation is released. You'll only ever get minor version OTA updates to fix bugs or add small bits of functionality.

There is maybe a small chance they push sync5 as a mid-lifecycle update in 4 years, but I'm guessing every 6th gen ranger will be on sync4a until the 7th gen ranger debuts in 8(?) years.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I think ford is working on an entirely new system, so I don't think sync 5 will ever happen

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Ford‘s next infotainment system is a google based system called Ford Digital Experience. Google ‘25 explorer if you want to see it in action.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Sync is dead. Google is the next infortainment. Its kind of a shame they released ranger with sync 4. Probably going to be that way till next refresh

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Will Sync 5 (Google based) be available in the 2025 Ranger Models?