Any companies developing an overhead console?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I know about the thread on here where the guy custom built one - but that particular skillset is far beyond my ability. Anyone heard any rumblings on someone making one in the future? Right now my only options are maybe buying one from AU and modifying the front end to fit around the console already present.

Something like this? Though one that goes all the way to the back window would be even better.

696c35f9192072d739f44732c0deb403.jpg
Sponsored

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I know about the thread on here where the guy custom built one - but that particular skillset is far beyond my ability. Anyone heard any rumblings on someone making one in the future? Right now my only options are maybe buying one from AU and modifying the front end to fit around the console already present.

Something like this? Though one that goes all the way to the back window would be even better.

696c35f9192072d739f44732c0deb403.jpg
Walk Avery's Salvage Yard and look for a donor overhead and Dremel to fit.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So that one you are looking at will fit our rangers in the US. I can't remember the name of the company right off but they told me to order through ARB to get it.

Also no modifications needed to the original overhead consol. Just remover old and install new.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So that one you are looking at will fit our rangers in the US. I can't remember the name of the company right off but they told me to order through ARB to get it.

Also no modifications needed to the original overhead consol. Just remover old and install new.
awesome.gif

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Bigger would be nice. Even if it was just a 2nd glasses cubby so my readers and sun glasses don't compete. I used to have an aluminum upholstered shelf it in my Durango. I had to retro fit it. Those don't fit around oem bins

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’ve tried to reach out to an Aussie company about bed seals. Twice! Never heard a word

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried to reach out to an Aussie company about bed seals. Twice! Never heard a word
Peragon bed covers sells bed seals, I bought a set for my f150 when I had it.

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
$450 holy crappo.

*grumbles and adds to list*

ClearAlertGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif
They are not cheap, and it took a long time for me to finally pull the trigger. But I ended up finding one being sold state side for a little less.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
At that price I am sort of tempted to learn to make my own from wood and cloth/carpet wrap it myself. My gripe is it looks like it has a bunch of wasted space. Would love to have seen the middle portion "hollowed out" for cubby storage instead of what I assume is a drop down door compartment which has limited uses.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
At that price I am sort of tempted to learn to make my own from wood and cloth/carpet wrap it myself. My gripe is it looks like it has a bunch of wasted space. Would love to have seen the middle portion "hollowed out" for cubby storage instead of what I assume is a drop down door compartment which has limited uses.
$450 AUD is about $350 USD. Hopefully ARB gets a good price from the supplier and doesn’t mark it up too high.
Sponsored