Any buyers remorse

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
i got a call today that the Ranger I ordered was here. I’m not obligated to buy the truck as I’ve sent a ton of business to this dealership. I’ve been told that my price will be invoice less 1/2 of the holdback. I ordered a 2wd lariat in dark gray.

Just curious if anyone has had any regrets?
Sponsored

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
i got a call today that the Ranger I ordered was here. I’m not obligated to buy the truck as I’ve sent a ton of business to this dealership. I’ve been told that my price will be invoice less 1/2 of the holdback. I ordered a 2wd lariat in dark gray.

Oh hell if you never have had buyers remorse you're not human. I regret every thing I own except for my tools. I especially regret the old woman.

OP
OP

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Oh hell if you never have had buyers remorse you're not human. I regret every thing I own except for my tools. I especially regret the old woman.
Where in MS are you?

SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus

No regrets so far, and I’ve had issues with one front sensor. However what has really helped it is all the safety features and tech which I’ve never had before. Looks freakin great too, which helps. Also sound system is awesome and the ride is really comfortable.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
NO REGRETS AT ALL!!!! I spent about 10 years waiting for this point in my life. My XLT Supercrew 4x4 has exceeded my expectations and I absolutely love it. This truck took another thing off my list of life goals.:):)

20190122_130440.jpg

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher

Absolutely not

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I am a week away from delivery and yes I has remorse. I ordered a Black Sport edition 2wd with tech, bed liner etc. When I did this I thought it had everything I wanted but now after listening to you guys the devil on my left shoulder says I wish I the Lariat with 4wd although the angel on the right shoulder says Hey idiot, you are retired and on a fixed income, you cant afford the top truck!

That mental tennis match was hard enough, now you tell me that you will get invoice and half off the hold back. Now I have remorse having to pay retail MSRP!

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
I have been waiting on this purchased truck for four months now and seven years before that.

No buyers remorse whatsoever but I came up with a buyer quality control plan before taking possession of my new XL 4x2 2019 Ranger.

I will do the following "quality control" cross checks:
Have the Ford dealership show the operation on all systems/maintenance on my truck - operation, dials, knobs, doors, seats, under the hood etc.
Thoroughly test drive the truck.
Review all Issues,Repairs,Warranty,TSB,Recalls with the Ford dealership (Thanks Ranger5g!) to make sure that there are none of those items apply to my vehicle.
Do a quick spot check myself like over inflated tires, missing parts, mismatch doors etc. - All issues will be fixed before I sign and leave the dealership lot.
I can understand that this is "new" manufactured vehicle and all vehicles are not 100% perfect but I will not sign for this vehicle if it has issues.
Having a modern midsize, low cost, work truck with automatic braking and transmission, high MPG and multiple airbag systems is the perfect truck for me.
2019 Ranger XL 4x2 Lightning Blue - Built in the USA - Built Ford Proud.

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
I picked up a Ranger off the lot last weekend. I wouldn't say buyers remorse, but it's not exactly what I wanted. My 2004 Ranger started to have transmission problems. It would've taken a week and $5K to replace the transmission on a 15 year old truck with 190k miles on it. I felt it was time to let the old boy go so I pulled the trigger on a new truck. I got an XLT Super Crew but would've preferred a XLT Super Cab. I also didn't splurge on the bed liner or towing package which would've been nice. But I do love my truck. The commute has been great. I just might trade it in after 2 years for what I wanted. Then again, I might change my mind by then and want to keep him.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Picked mine up off the lot on Monday, I drive 108 miles on the average workday, I now have a tad over 400 (truck had 6 miles on it on the lot). I have no remorse. I want leather, but that will be corrected with Katskinz in about a year or so when the sticker shock wears off a little, and my left kidney has a chance to grow back.

Still love it though. I've yet to see it up close an in the daylight though...

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a Ranger off the lot last weekend. I wouldn't say buyers remorse, but it's not exactly what I wanted. My 2004 Ranger started to have transmission problems. It would've taken a week and $5K to replace the transmission on a 15 year old truck with 190k miles on it. I felt it was time to let the old boy go so I pulled the trigger on a new truck. I got an XLT Super Crew but would've preferred a XLT Super Cab. I also didn't splurge on the bed liner or towing package which would've been nice. But I do love my truck. The commute has been great. I just might trade it in after 2 years for what I wanted. Then again, I might change my mind by then and want to keep him.
Welcome!
Sponsored