First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I'm back again with another review on some PIAA lights. To be more spacific the Xtreme White Hybrid and the Solar Yellow. Of course its on the Pathfinder but the information will be worth it.

To start i will mention this is.with brand new headlight and fog light assemblies.

Now you might wonder why these lights? Well i have already decided I prefer the Halogen lights over the LED lights for Fog and Headlights. It is the projection they provide that does what I want.

What style lights? Headlights are a 9004 and the Fog are H3 so the Ranger bulbs may have different results.

First I got the Xtreme White Hybrid. It is a 3900K temp bulb. Supposed to be a little whiter than the factory bulbs but on a level you can still see through inclement weather. This has been confirmed by myself to work. Had to drive through a snow storm and they worked well. With the new housings and aimed correctly they have good distance. Fair width but that has something more ro do with the housing.

Next is the Solar Yellow Fog Lights. These I just installed this week and I finally got to runa little at night with them. These are a 2500K style light so they are great for Rain, Snow and Fog. Tonight I decided to make a quick OffRoad Run and I can say they are bright and thanks to the housing design they put out a.good wide beam that still shoots a fair distance. They were bright enought that I capuld run them by themselves if I had too on the trail(wouldnt recommend at high speed).

Now considering the housing on the Ranger it is a bit hard to say how well they will work. I think they will do well but you will end up paying.

0722222126.jpg

0722222126a.jpg

0722222126b.jpg

0722222127.jpg

0722222127a.jpg
Sponsored

a6m5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XL
Switching from LED headlight bulbs, I was disappointed with the PIAA Xtreme White Plus. These bulbs used to look whiter back in the day, but obviously not these days when compared to the LEDs.

However, beam from GTR CSP Mini I tried were so scattered & ugly I'm probably going to stick with the PIAAs. My main concern right now are cornering. I test drove with these PIAAs on darker streets & it was really hard to see what was ahead when turning. Not sure what I can do about that, outside of changing back to LEDs or aftermarket headlight sets.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Switching from LED headlight bulbs, I was disappointed with the PIAA Xtreme White Plus. These bulbs used to look whiter back in the day, but obviously not these days when compared to the LEDs.

However, beam from GTR CSP Mini I tried were so scattered & ugly I'm probably going to stick with the PIAAs. My main concern right now are cornering. I test drove with these PIAAs on darker streets & it was really hard to see what was ahead when turning. Not sure what I can do about that, outside of changing back to LEDs or aftermarket headlight sets.
If you only drive with the headlights on and don't turn on your fog lights then you're going to be limited. The fog lights help with side light. That's why you see a lot of people driving around with them on at night

a6m5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XL
If you only drive with the headlights on and don't turn on your fog lights then you're going to be limited. The fog lights help with side light. That's why you see a lot of people driving around with them on at night
I've been wondering about that. I'll give it a shot, I've yet to even turn them on. lol Thanks!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Frenchy can you recommend an H3 LED replacement for Hella 500FF? I know I am going to need something close to 1:1 to make sure for proper clearance. They also have to be of the H3 bottom design that takes the clip and a single wire. A lot of H3 LED's have a flat bottom with a standard locking tab. Those won't work.

I know they are reflector bulbs, but I run 11 of these up front purely for mass light overload. I don't need ultra focused beams, nor is glare a problem since they are not for on-road use. 55w is good, but my circuitry is good for 100w variations as well. The 500FF's are a glass lense and people often run 100w bulbs without issue.

Buying 6 boxes of an extreme white H3 is not going to be cost effective.

images.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Frenchy can you recommend an H3 LED replacement for Hella 500FF? I know I am going to need something close to 1:1 to make sure for proper clearance. They also have to be of the H3 bottom design that takes the clip and a single wire. A lot of H3 LED's have a flat bottom with a standard locking tab. Those won't work.

I know they are reflector bulbs, but I run 11 of these up front purely for mass light overload. I don't need ultra focused beams, nor is glare a problem since they are not for on-road use. 55w is good, but my circuitry is good for 100w variations as well. The 500FF's are a glass lense and people often run 100w bulbs without issue.

Buying 6 boxes of an extreme white H3 is not going to be cost effective.

images.jpg
On LED I can't say, unfortunately LED lights have to use a heat sink and that will most likely interfere with housing.

For a 100 watt H3 bulb I know they are made but if not mistaken they can be pricy no matter what. Assuming you dont have the lights on unless you are OffRoad at night then going with the Extreme White Pluss or Hybrid will do. Mind you after what I experienced with the Solar Yellow(still around $50-$60 a set) they provide a nice light and may do what you want. I was running them without the Headlights on the trail last night and I was really liking them.
Sponsored