Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid human tricks!

Doing a Major plumbing repair at home, found out via camera that we had a quarter sized hole in the kitchen drain under the slab, the house was built in 1953 so pipes are failing, Rather than Pay 5k to a plumber and still have to cleanup his mess, my buddy Shawn and I are doing it. Yesterday I used a concrete saw and jack hammer in the kitchen to prep for today. Rerouting the kitchen sink and laundry to a new 2 inch Pvc line to the lateral. This morning I had a heavy load of dirt in the double wheeled wheel barrel and was using it to fill ruts across the road. Well the ruts had the last laugh, there was one I didn't notice in the grass and it caught the wheels and flipped the wheel barrel and me of course. I got my shirt sleeves hung up on the handles and and couldn't get free and I didn't want to face plant in the mouth so I leaped up and over , remembered my DT instructor course and told myself a few times, tuck and roll and get up and fight, so.i tucked my head and did a summer Sault and got up....

null

20210414_160108.jpg

20210414_160049.jpg

20210413_173036.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Stupid human tricks!

Doing a Major plumbing repair at home, found out via camera that we had a quarter sized hole in the kitchen drain under the slab, the house was built in 1953 so pipes are failing, Rather than Pay 5k to a plumber and still have to cleanup his mess, my buddy Shawn and I are doing it. Yesterday I used a concrete saw and jack hammer in the kitchen to prep for today. Rerouting the kitchen sink and laundry to a new 2 inch Pvc line to the lateral. This morning I had a heavy load of dirt in the double wheeled wheel barrel and was using it to fill ruts across the road. Well the ruts had the last laugh, there was one I didn't notice in the grass and it caught the wheels and flipped the wheel barrel and me of course. I got my shirt sleeves hung up on the handles and and couldn't get free and I didn't want to face plant in the mouth so I leaped up and over , remembered my DT instructor course and told myself a few times, tuck and roll and get up and fight, so.i tucked my head and did a summer Sault and got up....

null

20210414_160108.jpg

20210414_160049.jpg

20210413_173036.jpg
That could have ended badly. Glad you were able to get up!:)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ya still got it! Best tool I found for trenching and hole digging is a spade rod and a shop vac. Works wonders

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Shawn is still on the Sheriff's office, I was his trainer and then OIC for several years, he was surprised I wasn't hurt and said while laughing his butt off, "you did that like a ninja boss, ya still got it"! ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Ya still got it! Best tool I found for trenching and hole digging is a spade rod and a shop vac. Works wonders
Glad you're OK Mike !!
Last year, they placed a power pole next to the street on the property line of my house. That setup they used to dig/blast/suck a 6-8' deep hole and 18" across was AWESOME !!! I asked how much to dig 15 post holes for a fence in my back yard....the guy just smiled and chuckled.

fredeharley0

First Name
Fredrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Occupation
Engineer
some crappy single rads in houses are common, the houses remain still cold in winter due to this problem.
Plastic pipe and push-fit fittings make things like this so much easier. But to get the assistance of an emergency plumber is a good option. if you’re prepared to catch any leaks and ensure your boiler won't come on then I dont think about any big risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Life is always better when you laugh at yourself... Glad you're ok, if I were closer I'd help but I'm still sore from mowing the lawn.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc