Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I remember every one of those.
You want to see really old, and I remember it, google up Diana Shore singing See The USA in Your Chevrolet from 1953-54
(can't figure out how to download it here)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I remember every one of those.
You want to see really old, and I remember it, google up Diana Shore singing See The USA in Your Chevrolet from 1953-54
(can't figure out how to download it here)
Is this the one you're talking about? I wasn't even born yet. lol

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You want funny...google up some of the old VW adds from the early and mid 60's...
Snow plow one is hilarious.

Not quite there yet with the cane ! :crackup:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You want funny...google up some of the old VW adds from the early and mid 60's...
Snow plow one is hilarious.

Not quite there yet with the cane ! :crackup:
If Kennedy was driving a VW… ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In 1957, dad had a 54 Chevy he had bought new. I remember going with him to the local Ford dealership to see the new Edsel's. We had seen the tv commercials about them, and he wanted to see one in person. To this day I remember sitting in a black and coral (pink) colored station wagon.
Thankfully he passed on them and in 58 he bought a new Ford Fairlane, blue 4 door.
Had that until 60 when he bought a Chevy Biscayne, and that is the car I learned to drive in.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
In 1957, dad had a 54 Chevy he had bought new. I remember going with him to the local Ford dealership to see the new Edsel's. We had seen the tv commercials about them, and he wanted to see one in person. To this day I remember sitting in a black and coral (pink) colored station wagon.
Thankfully he passed on them and in 58 he bought a new Ford Fairlane, blue 4 door.
Had that until 60 when he bought a Chevy Biscayne, and that is the car I learned to drive in.
My first car was a Green 54 Chevy 4 door which I bought in 1964 for 75 bucks.. :)

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the VW ones are pretty funny. Probably would not pass the PC tests of today.

Even as a very young boy I remember thinking Dinah Shore was pretty cool singing about Chevrolets. Especially since that is what we had. She had her own variety show and my parents always tuned in. Black and white TV with rabbit ears and no such thing as a remote control, unless you count "Gregg, go over there and change to channel 3 and turn that antenna a little to the right."

My family moved from Ohio to Louisville KY. around 1957. Dad had a 1954 Chevy and those trips up and down US 42, were often times pretty scary. Passing a semi on a two lane curvy hilly road was not for the timid, but Dad was up to the challenge. That was before interstate 71 was built. By the way. There were no seat belts in those days.:facepalm:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Some of the VW ones are pretty funny. Probably would not pass the PC tests of today.

Black and white TV with rabbit ears and no such thing as a remote control, unless you count "Gregg, go over there and change to channel 3 and turn that antenna a little to the right."

I remember having to adjust the rabbit ears too. We had a small tv for us kids on a tv cart and we'd have to get up and turn the dial to adjust the antenna on the roof. IIRC there were only 3-4 stations that would come in back then and all stations would go off the air and they'd play the Star Spangled Banner when signing off.

BTW Greg you need to make another post quickly, look at your post number. :devil:

IMG_4435.jpg

Reactions: Doc

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I remember having to adjust the rabbit ears too. We had a small tv for us kids on a tv cart and we'd have to get up and turn the dial to adjust the antenna on the roof. IIRC there were only 3-4 stations that would come in back then and all stations would go off the air and they'd play the Star Spangled Banner when signing off.

BTW Greg you need to make another post quickly, look at your post number. :devil:

IMG_4435.jpg
:LOL: :LOL: Got it. This is 668 I think.

I remember when we got our first outside antenna. We had that box with the dial too. Thought that we had all the modern conveniences. :thumbsup: And yes we had all of three choices of stations. Two could be picked up from the same antenna position but to get channel 11 we had to change the channel and the antenna box. And the tuner was manual, click, click click.:) Its been a long time since I have seen a test pattern.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I owned a '71 GTO w/400 cid for years. The car was a lead sled, but the faster it went the faster it wanted to go. You just didn't want to try anything fast on a road course, because the weight out front caused some of the worst understeer you can imagine. And, GM in their infinite wisdom put the Lemans brakes on that monster, and it was good for only one hard braking. After that you were mostly free wheeling. It was my date car, and it took us on our Honeymoon in style though. :) One more thing, gas ran through it like chit through a goose.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I don't remember any of these ads! I did own a 70 Duster, but I didn't buy it because of an ad.
Sponsored