blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
Hi All,

I did the ranger test event in San Jose a few weeks ago and one thing that _REALLY_ bothers me about Fords in general is all the beeps and dings when you first get in and start the car. I specifically noticed the cars they had there did not have those, but I was just watching a youtube video () and I hear the dinging!

Is this something that can be turned off? TBH, that is a deal breaker for me and is the reason I bought a QX60 over an Edge!
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

I did the ranger test event in San Jose a few weeks ago and one thing that _REALLY_ bothers me about Fords in general is all the beeps and dings when you first get in and start the car. I specifically noticed the cars they had there did not have those, but I was just watching a youtube video () and I hear the dinging!

Is this something that can be turned off? TBH, that is a deal breaker for me and is the reason I bought a QX60 over an Edge!
Like the seat belt chime? I believe you can disable the chime for front seats only.

Page 35.png

Page 36.png

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
First I will apologize to any and all that may be offended by this but I dont know how to say it any otherway. I hate that gay chime all new fords make. Any way to get rid of it.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I personally like the chime. It's unique to Ford instead of the same generic ding you hear from every other car.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I personally like the chime. It's unique to Ford instead of the same generic ding you hear from every other car.
I much prefer it to the annoying "ding ding ding" of other cars. It is more subtle - but to each his own....

OP
OP

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why ford needs to have that annoying chime when turning the car on. My QX60 doesn't make any sounds when turning on.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Just be glad we don't have the seat belt ignition interlock from the 1970s - car would not start till the belt was latched. Or the sliding shoulder belt that existed for a while.

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 ZJ, '17 JKU, '14 WK2
Its funny because I was thinking the same thing, "I hope this truck does not make those toddler chimes."
I had not owned a Ford since my '96 full size Bronco other than a Fiesta for about 6 months that made all kinds of kiddie like chimes. I hopped in my coworker's Super Duty and the chimes are comical for a big truck. I suppose it isn't a reason to not buy a vehicle though, haha.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I disable and change body functions all the time for customer preferences. I'm sure Ford will do the same. Getting in and starting and shutting off the latest Prius, it has an orchestrated sound like the ending of instruments. Very pleasing to the ear. That would be nice wouldn't you say?

OP
OP

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI. I wanted to follow up on this and see if anyone who has the ranger has been able to deactivate these dings and beeps?

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I disable and change body functions all the time for customer preferences. I'm sure Ford will do the same. Getting in and starting and shutting off the latest Prius, it has an orchestrated sound like the ending of instruments. Very pleasing to the ear. That would be nice wouldn't you say?
Custom sounds and notifications would be great! I'd like the HAL9000 one: "Please fasten your seat belt, Dave", "You forgot to disengage the parking break, Dave", "That wasn't a speed bump in that school zone, Dave"....

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
We've done that with Forscan. Check the lists. I just verified several changes.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Please fasten your seat belt in a real sexy voice would be good. The double honk is fun can we have that when the autobrake is activated.?

R G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
35 MG PB thru 2011 R8
HI. I wanted to follow up on this and see if anyone who has the ranger has been able to deactivate these dings and beeps?
I'm with you. These cars need a "Just shut up and run" mode. My MB gives a loud ding when you open the driver's door. Why, absolutely no conceivable reason, but the child engineer who designed it probably rides the bus to work. His cell phone beeps and dings, so why shouldn't your car.

OP
OP

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We've done that with Forscan. Check the lists. I just verified several changes.
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean "Check the Lists"?
Sponsored