Anecdotal Evidence - A Journey

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Ok, so I’ve felt like doing this for a few months now and a lot of topics have passed me by.

This is in the off-topic sub-forum so I hope this is good.

NOTE: This is a running thread that I would like to do for shit$ and giggles, but very much a common sense approach (I think/hope).

I have a 2019 Ranger (Hot Pepper Red for the win baby) and a 2017 Escape with the 1.5 and will ramble on about it all ( of course focusing on the truck).

This will be populated by random thoughts but will be very relevant to what all of us 5G Ranger owners must be somewhat going through (some of y’all have some one-off issues which, while not good to hear these are happening to you, are good for the whole to be aware of.

Feel free to ignore, but my hope is that this thread does not get replies because, you know, it will get hard to deal with (I do NOT want to see a “sorry, TL;DR”). Give me a bit, let’s roll with it…
Sponsored

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checkpoint: 34,574 kilometres, driven since March 12th, 2019

Did I mention it’s Hot Pepper Red. Current angle of the sun doesn’t do it justice.

Here’s a picture of her behind the Escape:
035733CA-C777-4A5E-8F2C-967D82CAC1D5.jpeg

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the direct neighbour (we’re in a semi so share the driveway) has a relatively newish RAV4 - same with the neighbour in the house beside me. My direct neighbour is cool, he’s Russian or something like that and has a cute daughter (she’s married so off limits. Hmmm, I’m married too so who am I kidding…)

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, this is a big leap for me because I’ve always tended to be a liker/lurker for the most part here. However, I enjoy being active on forums of the shared interest we all have., but can’t answer any items definitively because I ain’t no technician/mechanic.

So again, that’s why this is very much an anecdotal thread of thoughts/stuff based on experience. Not a know-it-all thing….

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For other reference, my experiences are based on my truck - a 2019 Hot Pepper Red Lariat FX4 with 501a, a tri-flip hard tonneau, Line-X bedspray.

Bought her off the showroom floor in early 3019 because my ‘05 Freestar van was not going to cut it and I missed my Rangers since I previously had a ‘91 STX and a ‘98 XLT. The ‘98 had to go when babies started appearing into our lives.

Test drive some outside XLT’s but bought the showroom Lariat. Fun news here, the sales guy had to go to on vacation the next day, so my deal closed in about 20 hours, including sending out for the tonneau and line-x.

Colour was tough. The test drive was in a nice Lightning Blue, but we ended up with the HPR. Not looking back, this colour is AWESOME!

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, by the way, my truck is stock. Apart from the previously mentioned cover and spray, got the standard running boards. All set for my pavement princess ?

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my food for thought for tonight:

- If you have the ability to do a ceramic coating up front, I’m in the toss-up category. Apparently mine had it (and it was damn shiny), and not sure if it’s because of the Canadian winters but it’s really hard to tell if it will last “10 years”. Of course I don’t have the certificate that they said but it’s all good because I’m sure I’ve messed up the chemical composition of it all…

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just realized- the above helps no one. Ceramic stuff isn’t easy for a pro job. I am definitely NOT a pro. I think it still work, but that’s just me…

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI: Canadian and US versions of FordPass are different. There are similarities but they’re different. I won’t identify those differences but they are there (No idea why?). It’s been functional when I’ve needed it so I’m happy.

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those in the Sync thread for 20198, I didn’t originally have it and all of a sudden yesterday it wanted to update. Too bad as I pulled out of the driveway and we lost the wifi signal. Pretty sure this interrupts the process and we revert back to how everything was prior. That’s what happened for me and SiriusXM was fine.

Apple auto-correct sucks…. bah….

OP
OP
SymChris

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Using this stuff for my rubber seals on both vehicles and seems to be working well. Not sure how great it is but seems to do the job:

588B2FBF-A05D-4EF2-B1B3-11391E5AB00A.jpeg