My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4
Hello,
I have a 2021 lariat and the ambient light stopped working.
mist took me afew days to notice exactly what was wrong but the light clicked this morning that my under dash lighting and buttons no longer light up.

wondering if anyone has any suggestions

I took this photo this morning and canā€™t remember if those lights are supposed to also be lit up or if itā€™s just the under dash lighting thatā€™s not working(pick is with truck idling)

thanks in advance!

3ACC9621-3C42-4826-B3A3-3B3475253BE9.jpeg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The ambiance lights are very dim even in the dark. Probably wonā€™t notice them at all in daylight. You have settings you can get at with Sync and also have bright and dim buttons for instrument cluster and sync screens at the headlight control module to the left of steering wheel

OP
OP
My21ranger

My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Iā€™ll have to check the cluster when I get back to truck. Hopefully thatā€™s it!

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
My ambient lighting also has a mind of it's own. You'll have to turn it on again in settings in Sync. Mine seems to shut itself off at least once a month.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I have to reset mine anytime Sync updates.

OP
OP
My21ranger

My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I tryed sliding the colours up and down in the touch screen. To no avail.
Iā€™ll see if there is a dimmer switch on the dash Iā€™m kind of hoping it got bumped and all is fine

OP
OP
My21ranger

My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. So itā€™s not that the switch is just set to dim. And they are defiantly supposed to be on as the slider is upā€¦ just no lights, Iā€™m currently updating the software because I realized I never hooked it up to my home wifi.

anyways was hoping someone would know what fuse I can check

also the update seems very slow, am I supposed to just start it and then turn the truck off idkā€¦ called the dealer but who knowswhen they will get back to me

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Update. So itā€™s not that the switch is just set to dim. And they are defiantly supposed to be on as the slider is upā€¦ just no lights, Iā€™m currently updating the software because I realized I never hooked it up to my home wifi.

anyways was hoping someone would know what fuse I can check

also the update seems very slow, am I supposed to just start it and then turn the truck off idkā€¦ called the dealer but who knowswhen they will get back to me
Sync updates take forever in my experience. My driveway is out of reach from home wifi, so I rely on the wifi at work. Last update seemed to take several days.

OP
OP
My21ranger

My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync updates take forever in my experience. My driveway is out of reach from home wifi, so I rely on the wifi at work. Last update seemed to take several days.
Ok so it will update when shut off and just in the driveway?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Just go out and turn the radio on occasionally

VasilybelFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
own
Does sync update for several days? I thought I had a terribly slow phone because reinstalling software takes forever (15 minutes). Well, I have to admit, I was wrong. I hope I don't have to take a holiday at my own expense just because I can't get to work! I live on the outskirts, and getting to the nearest stop here is just as hard as getting to the city. In fact, I'd be happy to spend five days at home just watching my new LED bulb flicker. I don't like touching equipment/cars while they are being upgraded. My seclusion would be a matter of honor, haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
My21ranger

My21ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No far as I can tell it will update and pause as you leave wifi. As for the light situation- I did have an update and it had been a while since I never set it up on wifi. The lights being off was just me being stupid, I drove around for a week with no headlights! Canā€™t believe it but I just had the headlights off and didnā€™t realize. I took it in to get tinted and I guess they didnā€™t like the beeping so turned it off.

anyways tldr I was just stupid and had the headlight dial in the off position

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
No far as I can tell it will update and pause as you leave wifi. As for the light situation- I did have an update and it had been a while since I never set it up on wifi. The lights being off was just me being stupid, I drove around for a week with no headlights! Canā€™t believe it but I just had the headlights off and didnā€™t realize. I took it in to get tinted and I guess they didnā€™t like the beeping so turned it off.

anyways tldr I was just stupid and had the headlight dial in the off position
Ownership and honesty are refreshing.
Sponsored