Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Most radar detectors don't actually work unless the department is using old bandwidth crap. New ones detect that matching frequency from your unit and it will shuffle frequency slightly to pickup on your speed. We can guess with pretty good certainty when someone is running one. Our unit will see you speed, then blip out to reading nothing for about 1 second, then your speed shows back up.

But good news, traffic ain't my thing so it wouldn't be me.
Now thats an OFC thread I'd like to see more about... ?
Sponsored

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Most radar detectors don't actually work unless the department is using old bandwidth crap. New ones detect that matching frequency from your unit and it will shuffle frequency slightly to pickup on your speed. We can guess with pretty good certainty when someone is running one. Our unit will see you speed, then blip out to reading nothing for about 1 second, then your speed shows back up.

But good news, traffic ain't my thing so it wouldn't be me.

Edit: Sorry I should clarify, detector and jammer are different. Yes it is not hard for a detector to work, it just looks for the common radar company bands and when its detected, alerts you. Jammers are what I was referring to.
Please do not arrest me for my amber foglights that look yellow???
Sponsored