Amazon ROW Ranger LED headlights for US use.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I know there’s other threads about the mustang style ROW headlights fitted to US Rangers, but I’m not personally the biggest fan of those to be honest. This style looks a little better to me. Who has fitted/wired these up or something similar? And just save your “those won’t fit “comments because you “heard” they would not. Looking for input from those who have actually done it. Thanks!

637D7816-C8EC-45AE-A8D6-E6343A753053.png
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Red Flag:

81Wgn-NuioL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How nice of them to post their "blurred out" certification letter.

Oh wait, let me click on the image maybe I just need to zoom in....

Oh.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Which begs the question, why do they bother with the smoke and mirrors:

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "DOT APPROVED"
What's Up with 'DOT APPROVED' Product Statements?

There is significant confusion and misunderstanding regarding lighting regulations for the transportation industry in the United States. Truth is, the terms "DOT approved" or "SAE approved" don't mean anything unless you're talking about headlights. That's because headlights are the only lights required by law to have a "DOT" marking. Even then, the 'DOT' marking only means the manufacturer of the headlight certifies the product was made in compliance with DOT standards; not that the US Department of Transportation has approved it.
ie; they are lying - there is no certification

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well ok I get what you are saying and yes they’re probably not actually “DOT certified“ whuch means they have not been tested in the US which probably also means they are properly bright, as they should be...

A whole bunch of “DOT certified “new vehicle headlight assemblies are failing the brightness tests in the US.

But yes that’s why this Chinese company bothers to put it on there because it gives folks a warm and fuzzy to see that they are “DOT certified”

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
All they have to do is make sure they work for over 30 days, then you are boned on returning them to Amazon due to a failure.

Maybe they work fine, who knows. I have some higher dollar chicom light bars that work fine, but I also break them down and seal them with gasket maker and put a heavy coat of wax on the lense. and or/spray with non-yellowing clear coat.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Save yourself a ton of problems and spend a little more on a set of Alpharex lights. Then you will know they fit and plug in, a number have already done it. And they really do meet US standards.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Save yourself a ton of problems and spend a little more on a set of Alpharex lights. Then you will know they fit and plug in, a number have already done it. And they really do meet US standards.
OK you may very well be correct. However, what do we really know about AlphaRex? We have a few guys on here running them I believe. How are they holding up? Are they really a better quality product? They’re made in China just like everything else.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
OK you may very well be correct. However, what do we really know about AlphaRex? We have a few guys on here running them I believe. How are they holding up? Are they really a better quality product? They’re made in China just like everything else.
Alpharex is a known lighting company in the auto industry for many years. And having as you put it A FEW guys running them is certainly better than none. At least you can know they will fit without modification and will be plug and play electrically. Also they aren't toting some bogus certification certificate. Just not worth the risk for really not that much more money. I do agree the Lariat lights are ridiculous in price even used.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
ROW lights will not fit a US-spec Ranger without some surgery. The outside lower mounting tab is not in the same place. The US light's tab protrudes outwards, whereas the tab on the ROW light is pulled in. The ROW Ranger doesn't have the same front bumper and valence that the US Ranger has so things aren't quite in the same place.

US:
1622585238915.png

ROW:
1622585503024.png

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I know there’s other threads about the mustang style ROW headlights fitted to US Rangers, but I’m not personally the biggest fan of those to be honest. This style looks a little better to me. Who has fitted/wired these up or something similar? And just save your “those won’t fit “comments because you “heard” they would not. Looking for input from those who have actually done it. Thanks!

637D7816-C8EC-45AE-A8D6-E6343A753053.png
I work a lot with plastics. The automotive types are also some of the most expensive. Not all headlamps are are the same. Quality ones built with the right materials and adhesives will last decades without micro cracking or leaking. You pay for that though.

Knockoffs look the same but everything about them is to squeeze profit using bare minimum. They won’t last but a few years. If you get 5 I would consider that getting lucky.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ROW lights will not fit a US-spec Ranger without some surgery. The outside lower mounting tab is not in the same place. The US light's tab protrudes outwards, whereas the tab on the ROW light is pulled in. The ROW Ranger doesn't have the same front bumper and valence that the US Ranger has so things aren't quite in the same place.

US:
1622585238915.png

ROW:
1622585503024.png

Yes I know the lower mounting tab would have be left off or some fabing done for it to bolt up. Yes I know some wiring would have to be done as well. The body outlines however matchup.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think you guys are right. For as much is these cost and how difficult they are to mount, and if one LED goes out then you’re buying a whole new set of lights and any kind of support will be nonexistent, the risk of them being pieces of shit is too great.

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score