AlphaRex Daytime Running Lights: Amber or White?

Amber or White?

• Total voters

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Installing AlphaRex LUXX lights. The question is do I run the Daytime Running Lights as Amber or White?

20230121_234948.jpg

20230121_234945.jpg
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Is there really a choice here? White for Drl and amber (Not Yellow!! Lol) for signal. Is this switchable?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Installing AlphaRex LUXX lights. The question is do I run the Daytime Running Lights as Amber or White?

20230121_234948.jpg

20230121_234945.jpg
I prefer yamber (a term I completely just made up).

Anywho, are you going to wire a switch-back module or just give up your sequential turn signals? Or something else I am missing?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that if you go amber you only get the bottom light, and white gives both.

Not knocking the light, but that seems like someone cheaped out on the build of the light...

I went to the alpharex website and the pictures there show the same thing, white has both lite up, amber only 1...

It can't have been that much more expensive for them to put color changing strip on both lights...

I mean, really though at ~860 bucks they are a deal over replacing with OEM lights.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that if you go amber you only get the bottom light, and white gives both.

Not knocking the light, but that seems like someone cheaped out on the build of the light...

I went to the alpharex website and the pictures there show the same thing, white has both lite up, amber only 1...

It can't have been that much more expensive for them to put color changing strip on both lights...

I mean, really though at ~860 bucks they are a deal over replacing with OEM lights.

Not much more expensive indeed, but pennies on the dollar if bought in bulk. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was an ugly design choice vs penny pinching measures. After all, off-roaders will pay a pretty penny for just about anything. Like a rhinestone tire carrier if its made available.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Not much more expensive indeed, but pennies on the dollar if bought in bulk. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was an ugly design choice vs penny pinching measures. After all, off-roaders will pay a pretty penny for just about anything. Like a rhinestone tire carrier if its made available.
Do you have a link to that tire carrier?!?! Asking for a friend...

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Alpharex, is around the corner from our office. We know the owner. I paid for these. They said they may add the Amber to the other strip on the next batch they do.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Alpharex, is around the corner from our office. We know the owner. I paid for these. They said they may add the Amber to the other strip on the next batch they do.
Advise him there is a market for an amber drl with amber turn signal as well. lol

All these company focus on white/amber combos.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if we're going with they didn't include it because the amber was ugly.... They have some explaining to do about other design decisions too...

LoL

:)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm not even sure why companies focus on white DRL lights speaking from a technical standpoint. Well I know why, because consumers want pretty, not optimal. Even car manufacturers follow this trend. Well I think Kia's use amber headlight DRLs (Telluride & K5).

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm not even sure why companies focus on white DRL lights speaking from a technical standpoint. Well I know why, because consumers want pretty, not optimal. Even car manufacturers follow this trend. Well I think Kia's use amber headlight DRLs (Telluride & K5).

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Side rant - those cars that now have the stupid led bar that goes all the way across the hood (not just the lightening). They are so annoying and ugly during the day.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
do you mean ugly ones like this? lol
led fog lights.jpg
Jesus christ.

I am sorry.