FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Hey guys,

I finally took delivery of my 2021 Ford Ranger. Ordered it about 4 months ago. It's an XLT with the 302A, Tow, Tech, and FX4 packages. Very happy with how it turned out! Deal went pretty well also. X-Plan + $750 rebate and a good interest rate from my credit union. I'll post pictures in this thread as I personalize the truck for me.
2021Ranger.jpg
2021Ranger2.jpg
2021Ranger3.jpg

The color isn't far off from the 1994 Ranger I used to have.

94Ranger.jpg
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Congratulations Alex, it's a beauty. Enjoy

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Congrats! Change that to an FX2 and a drop in bed liner and that is my 2020 Ranger! You’re gonna love it! Very sharp ride!

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys!

Log entry #2

Added a Home Depot Husky tool box. Always like to carry a few tools and recovery gear just in case. This box is pretty light, so it's easy to remove when I need the space.
IMG_20210214_130740389_HDR.jpg

Also added the all weather floor mats. I forgot to check that box when I ordered the truck. I like these Ford ones. They fit well and have the Ranger logo in them.

IMG_20210214_130806045_MP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Log entry #3

Added the Rough Country bed mat. About $100, pretty thick rubber (not sure the weight, but it's stout) and made in the USA.

IMG_20210226_142310811.jpg
IMG_20210226_140648638.jpg

Unwelcomed mod. Haven't has the truck two weeks and someone already smashed their door into my fender. Scratched up and down the fender and in the flare. Awesome.

IMG_20210223_125448092.jpg

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only a couple things to report today.

I like the tool box, but decided to go for a A.R.E V-Series Canopy for more secure storage. It's on order and will maybe see it the end of April? Was told 8-10 weeks 2 weeks ago.

Also ordered my Ford brake controller from @LevittownFordParts.com Looking to get a tent trailer for the family this summer and trying to get the truck prepared.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Only a couple things to report today.

I like the tool box, but decided to go for a A.R.E V-Series Canopy for more secure storage. It's on order and will maybe see it the end of April? Was told 8-10 weeks 2 weeks ago.

Also ordered my Ford brake controller from @LevittownFordParts.com Looking to get a tent trailer for the family this summer and trying to get the truck prepared.
I'll be following your thread. I like the looks of that hood protector. I ordered a velocity blue supercab STX a couple weeks ago and was told delivery sometime in May. Ordered several parts from Benny @LevittownFordParts.com for my Mustang GT in the past. Good prices, great customer service.

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up a new bike rack to try out. Seems sturdy enough. My son's bike will probably ride in the bed until he gets a bigger bike.

IMG_20210323_170148776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210323_164924085.jpg

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks guys!

Log entry #2

Added a Home Depot Husky tool box. Always like to carry a few tools and recovery gear just in case. This box is pretty light, so it's easy to remove when I need the space.
IMG_20210214_130740389_HDR.jpg

Also added the all weather floor mats. I forgot to check that box when I ordered the truck. I like these Ford ones. They fit well and have the Ranger logo in them.

IMG_20210214_130806045_MP.jpg
Beautiful Ranger! Love the color! :turkey:

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Sweet Ride, congrats ... If I wasn't such a white freak ... I'd have a blue.

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No visual updates today. I did get my first oil change done at 3100 miles (Dealer Works Package). Uneventful as expected. Sitting at 3800 miles now. Averaging pretty consistent 24-25 MPGs for my commute. Been using the truck to do homeowner, spring time stuff. Working out great so far.

IMG_20210403_134927706_HDR.jpg

A few unresolved issues I have so far.
1. Squeaky brakes - Notice it more in stop-go traffic after I've been driving a while. Quite loud.
2. Waste gate actuator seems squeakier than it should be. Read a few threads on it. Can hear it multiple times on start up and even in the cab when driving.
3. Need a Nav Map update. Currently have NA119, but it doesn't reconize my neighborhood address or show the street on the map. It was built 4 years ago.
4. Back seat still doesn't latch right. I added a washer under each screw and I can at least get it to latch, but very tight. Would guess I need at least one more washer under each screw.
IMG_20210410_092656842.jpg

Also, canopy expected delivery date is now May 17th. A few weeks beyond the 8-10 originally estimated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few updates today.

Changed the oil today myself for the first time, but made two mistakes. I picked up oil and filter from my local dealer. Requested everything for a '21 Ranger, but they gave me 5w20 oil instead of 5w30. Didn't catch it until after I poured in 6 quarts of course. Checked the manual, no allowance for that weight and I'm not going to chance voiding a warranty. So I went back a picked up the right oil, drained and refilled (since I couldn't return the oil, they at least gave me a discount). Also, I thought the oil filter catch tray drained from a tube I saw towards the front of the engine, turns out it drains towards the back. Slight mess to clean up. Lessons learned. Felt like a new guy, but been changing my own oil for years. Oh well...

Updated my Sync to the latest version and my Maps updated to the latest version sometime over the weekend via Wifi. Nice to finally be able to set my Home address (neighborhood is about 4 years old, streets didn't show on NA 119 version) New version is NA 220

RangerSyncMapUpdate.jpg

Also installed my RedArc Ford brake controller. Pretty involved running the wire up to the 3rd brake light, but not terrible. Wouldn't want to do it again. Noticed on the truck the blue wire was bigger than the yellow wire. On the Brake Controller, it's the opposite. Not sure why. Still connected matching colors per the instruction manual. Have not towed a trailer yet to confirm operation.

RangerTowWires.jpg

Canopy update - Still waiting. Troubles at A.R.E. maybe? Was supposed to get it at my dealer by May 17th. Called and it was a no show. Wont ship from Ohio until June 10th, arrival around the 21st in WA. Dealer owner was kinda upset. He was supposed to get a whole truck load of canopies last week, only received 3. Mine is apparently complete, just sitting on a rack somewhere at ARE waiting to shipped. My 8-10 week estimate will end up being almost 17 weeks. Not mad, just updating progress. I'm sure they're probably playing catch-up from Covid.

Carpet Update - Posted and issue about a carpet bubble on the drivers side.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/carpet-bubble.12723/
I checked the other trucks at the Ford lot while I was getting oil. They all had the same issue, so ended up not making an appointment. I was able to fix it a little while I had panels out for the Brake Controller install. Also loosed the drivers seat and was able to push and shove. Not perfect, but improved.

That's all for now...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A few updates today.

Changed the oil today myself for the first time, but made two mistakes. I picked up oil and filter from my local dealer. Requested everything for a '21 Ranger, but they gave me 5w20 oil instead of 5w30. Didn't catch it until after I poured in 6 quarts of course. Checked the manual, no allowance for that weight and I'm not going to chance voiding a warranty. So I went back a picked up the right oil, drained and refilled (since I couldn't return the oil, they at least gave me a discount). Also, I thought the oil filter catch tray drained from a tube I saw towards the front of the engine, turns out it drains towards the back. Slight mess to clean up. Lessons learned. Felt like a new guy, but been changing my own oil for years. Oh well...

Updated my Sync to the latest version and my Maps updated to the latest version sometime over the weekend via Wifi. Nice to finally be able to set my Home address (neighborhood is about 4 years old, streets didn't show on NA 119 version) New version is NA 220

RangerSyncMapUpdate.jpg

Also installed my RedArc Ford brake controller. Pretty involved running the wire up to the 3rd brake light, but not terrible. Wouldn't want to do it again. Noticed on the truck the blue wire was bigger than the yellow wire. On the Brake Controller, it's the opposite. Not sure why. Still connected matching colors per the instruction manual. Have not towed a trailer yet to confirm operation.

RangerTowWires.jpg

Canopy update - Still waiting. Troubles at A.R.E. maybe? Was supposed to get it at my dealer by May 17th. Called and it was a no show. Wont ship from Ohio until June 10th, arrival around the 21st in WA. Dealer owner was kinda upset. He was supposed to get a whole truck load of canopies last week, only received 3. Mine is apparently complete, just sitting on a rack somewhere at ARE waiting to shipped. My 8-10 week estimate will end up being almost 17 weeks. Not mad, just updating progress. I'm sure they're probably playing catch-up from Covid.

Carpet Update - Posted and issue about a carpet bubble on the drivers side.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/carpet-bubble.12723/
I checked the other trucks at the Ford lot while I was getting oil. They all had the same issue, so ended up not making an appointment. I was able to fix it a little while I had panels out for the Brake Controller install. Also loosed the drivers seat and was able to push and shove. Not perfect, but improved.

That's all for now...
Hi Alex,

Not going to belabor most of your beefing...but Bed in your brakes.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Alex,

Not going to belabor most of your beefing...but Bed in your brakes.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
No worries. I will move that to the top of the To Do list. Thanks! Hadn't put much thought into it lately since I'm on a different shift now and spend a lot less time in stop and go traffic.
Sponsored