First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
One thing is for sure, use Milton high flow fittings. They're the best I've found.
I wish I could get them, unfortunately where I am I cannot.

With the appreciated advice I received from everyone, this is what I decided to do.

There is a hydraulic shop I found here that has just about every fitting you can imagine. If they dont have it, they will weld one together.

So this will be the set up when my 3/4 Ingersal FRL arrives.
-3/4 shut off valve from the tank
-3/4 90dgr to the 3/4 regulator
-after the FRL, 3/4 inch -T -with a connector to attach a hose
-Then a 3/4 hose from the -T- to the 1 inch supply pipe
-at the end of the supply pipe it reduces to 3/4 to a Y connection for the hoses.
- One side of the -Y- is for my future 1/2 reel and the other is for another hose.

They have heavy duty hose connectors(quick connects?) from your typical 1/4 to 3 inch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
So I did a mock up of how I was going to set up the reg. That part worked out great.
I ordered some Permatex thread sealant and several joints leaked. Im pretty sure the reason is trying to align two 90s, a valve, a reg, and a -T- is hard to line up and secure tight. I had to pull it all apart again and debating what I should do. The valve will be a permanent fixture, I was thinking I could use Red Loctite on it so it wont move. The Reg I will change when my 3/4 come in. I really need suggestions on how to get the fittings secure and facing the right direction without leaking.
Teflon tape is not working either.
Ive had better luck using silcon gasket maker, its easier to clean the threads and wont leak. However, Im sure it would if the joint moved a little.

Note: I searched to see if Permatex had a cure time, it only says it adjustable up to 24 hours. So im assuming I have to wait 24 hours for it cure?

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Another question: Is it better to leave air in the tank or empty it if it sits for a few days?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Another question: Is it better to leave air in the tank or empty it if it sits for a few days?
Hi Alex,

I leave the air charged in my compressor...it will blead down over time, but it does not hurt anything. Just drain the tank from time to time of the moisture accumulation. As for Permetex...let it cure for a day or two.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Hi Alex,

I leave the air charged in my compressor...it will blead down over time, but it does not hurt anything. Just drain the tank from time to time of the moisture accumulation. As for Permetex...let it cure for a day or two.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the advice. I let the permatex set up for 48 hours and it sill leaked. It was also really hard to clean off. So I used my old rtv silicone trick and that worked after 15 mins of drying time. Its easier to clean off too. It does not leak anywhere as far as I can tell. I left it for 3 days and the pressure barley moved.
Sponsored