Aftermarket Hitches?

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I bought a 4x4 XLT dealer stock back in February without the tow package with the hopes of getting an aftermarket hitch. I still can't find anywhere carrying them yet. Is anyone aware of a company making them? Will the export model hitches fit?
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I bought a 4x4 XLT dealer stock back in February without the tow package with the hopes of getting an aftermarket hitch. I still can't find anywhere carrying them yet. Is anyone aware of a company making them? Will the export model hitches fit?
I think they soon will have some aftermarket hitches
I think "HiddenHitch" is the best.
They don't have one listed yet but call before 6PM Eastern time ...
HiddenHitch is a brand of...

Horizon Global Corporation
47912 Halyard Drive, Suite 100
Plymouth, MI 48170
800-632-3290

OP
OP

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Uhaul just came out with an aftermarket hitch. Class 3, 6000 pound capacity, for $150.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone here had the ABYSMAL experience that I have had with Curt hitches?
I installed a Curt hitch on my Escape and it rusted so bad that I scraped and painted it yearly and could not keep up. The thing flake rusted so bad that I was beginning to fear for its structural integrity. I know a couple others who had the same experience.

I just sold my Ranger with an 18 YO HiddenHitch in excellent condition with the powdercoat intact (at least OEM quality)

Overall if I were buying, I would start with OEM as first choice, then HiddenHitch Drawtite etc.
Curt seems to dominate the market right now... but is it price at the cost of quality? or have they improved ? or is my experience just an anomaly?

At least check for a good powdercoat and guarantee, what ever you buy. The CURT ad sure addresses the rust issue maybe they have stepped up??

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Has anyone here had the ABYSMAL experience that I have had with Curt hitches?
I installed a Curt hitch on my Escape and it rusted so bad that I scraped and painted it yearly and could not keep up. The thing flake rusted so bad that I was beginning to fear for its structural integrity. I know a couple others who had the same experience.

I just sold my Ranger with an 18 YO HiddenHitch in excellent condition with the powdercoat intact (at least OEM quality)

Overall if I were buying, I would start with OEM as first choice, then HiddenHitch Drawtite etc.
Curt seems to dominate the market right now... but is it price at the cost of quality? or have they improved ? or is my experience just an anomaly?

At least check for a good powdercoat and guarantee, what ever you buy. The CURT ad sure addresses the rust issue maybe they have stepped up??
I just got mine in yesterday and it seems to have a very thick powder coating on it. I can't imagine it rusting anytime soon. It also had higher stats than any other hitch I've seen, including OEM. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. And its less than 30% of OEM. Seems like the best option to me right now and I can't imagine any more hitches coming out for that price.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got mine in yesterday and it seems to have a very thick powder coating on it. I can't imagine it rusting anytime soon. It also had higher stats than any other hitch I've seen, including OEM. It also comes with a lifetime warranty. And its less than 30% of OEM. Seems like the best option to me right now and I can't imagine any more hitches coming out for that price.
Sounds like they have stepped up after initially stumbling at introduction, Hopefully it will serve you well!:like:

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have your truck now? Are you going to install soon? I would like to know how installation goes before I order one. You are right, best price out there. How long did it take to get your hitch from Curt? Sorry for all the questions.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I had a Curt hitch on our 2000 Explorer Sport. There was no rust evident in the 3 years it was installed before we traded it in on the 2016 Escape.

OP
OP

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Do you have your truck now? Are you going to install soon? I would like to know how installation goes before I order one. You are right, best price out there. How long did it take to get your hitch from Curt? Sorry for all the questions.
I do and I installed it last night. It took about 20 minutes. A second set of hands would have helped but I was able to do it alone. Just need a 24mm socket, an impact/long ratchet, and two C-clamps or vice grips. I ordered from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com. Ordered April 2nd, arrived April 8th.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I do and I installed it last night. It took about 20 minutes. A second set of hands would have helped but I was able to do it alone. Just need a 24mm socket, an impact/long ratchet, and two C-clamps or vice grips. I ordered from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com. Ordered April 2nd, arrived April 8th.
Thanks for the info. I'll be ordering soon. Just wanted to make sure there were no other modifications and that it was a perfect fit. Now I just need a truck to install this on. Mine has been sitting at the rail yard a half hour from my house for the past week. Waiting for transport to my dealer. So frustrating, I'm thinking of going down there and driving it back myself. :bandit:

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my truck last night. Before I order the Curt hitch, I noticed under the bumper where the ball goes there is a plate for attaching the safety chains. Did you remove that plate or did the Curt hitch fit under it?

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Auto Accessories Garage just raised their price on the Curt hitch #13417 to 118 from 103. I got a discount that brought it down to 112. Still not a bad price for an aftermarket hitch. Just ordered today.

I didn't want to spend the money for the factory tow package since I only tow a light weight boat trailer or attach Thule accessories. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:
Sponsored