First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ranger tremor
Occupation
Transport
I take possession of a 2021 tremor ranger on monday but need to install a hitch.
Am partial to the draw-tite model.
Since the truck has no tow package it has the hooks in the rear.
I sent an email to draw-tite but no reply.
Has anyone on this forum installed an aftermarket hitch on a 2021?
Sponsored

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Doesn't look bad but I am partial to OEM ones, plus it fits the 32" spare tire for sure too which is a close fit. The draw-tite may fit the spare, but with the OEM at least you know it does. Maybe mention this question in the Tow section?

OP
OP

Mrl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ranger tremor
Occupation
Transport
Thanks for your answer. After further research, I am confident the draw tite will fit without fuss. I would have ordered the tow package if the salesman had told me he had already ordered the truck. I was surprised by his call. We hadn't fully discussed the details.
Last time we talked, he said the tremor production was suspended because of corona and missing parts. I'm not going to pass up the chance to buy it as is cause who knows what will happen in the furture.

OP
OP

Mrl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ranger tremor
Occupation
Transport
On second thought, from your post, I may have an issue.
Aftermarket hitch just clears the regular ranger tire but will it clear the tremor spare? ...

Gunza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Grey Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Stuff
Dude, you're buying a brand new truck. if it doesn't have the options on it you want, find one that does or make them buy the one that does. Don't just take it because they already jumped the gun and ordered the wrong packages.

OP
OP

Mrl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ranger tremor
Occupation
Transport
Your absolutely right, no arguing there. I've already been stalling a week. But the pressure is not from the dealer. It's from me. Trying to get the truck ready for the yearly fishing trip in a month. Need to get it lined capped and wrapped before taking it in the bush. Amazon will send me a hitch next week. Take me less 45min to put it on. And its done.
Thks for your input.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Your absolutely right, no arguing there. I've already been stalling a week. But the pressure is not from the dealer. It's from me. Trying to get the truck ready for the yearly fishing trip in a month. Need to get it lined capped and wrapped before taking it in the bush. Amazon will send me a hitch next week. Take me less 45min to put it on. And its done.
Thks for your input.
Sounds like at least some of the pressure is coming from the dealer. He's waving a Tremor not equipt the way you wanted in front of you and using the using the pandemic scare to talk you into buying it. Your trip and this are not the way to make a big dollar decision like this

Make him look around for one equipt as you want it and do a dealer swap. You can put the hitch on but what about the wiring harness? It will aways be not quite the truck you wanted.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I take possession of a 2021 tremor ranger on monday but need to install a hitch.
Am partial to the draw-tite model.
Since the truck has no tow package it has the hooks in the rear.
I sent an email to draw-tite but no reply.
Has anyone on this forum installed an aftermarket hitch on a 2021?
Put a Draw-Tite on my 2020. It fits just fine (including around the stock spare) and as a bonus it doesn't stick out past the bumper.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Draw tight. 7500lb tow rating and factory wiring and plug installed. 120$ for hitch, 30$ for plug, and Ford points for factory wiring. Works awesome lots of room for spare? Took 15 minutes to install, snap on 3' ratchet with a cheater bar and red loctite. 15 minutes to get supplies ready and put away. And a jack.

20210416_105637.jpg

20210515_214827.jpg

OP
OP

Mrl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ranger tremor
Occupation
Transport
A picture is worth a thousand words.
That pic with the ruler should be on ever site selling that hitch.?
Sponsored