AFN Replacement Grille--Anyone using this?

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I am not a fan of the Raptor grille due to the GIANT Ford lettering. I know, I am in the minority, but it just looks gaudy. I want to replace my hard to clean XLT factory grille and I was looking at the AFN grille. Similar design to the Raptor, but no lettering or badging. Just nice open design. I was wondering if anyone was using this and how is it holding up to chips (the finish) and how is the fit?

Here is a link to one for sale on Stage 3: 19-20 Ranger AFN Replacement Grille (stage3motorsports.com)

1614346535200.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I like it better than the raptor grill.
To me the raptor grill is for posers.

Got me wondering though, how do you mean the XLT grill is harder to clean? I dont go mudding or anything with mine, so I never have an issue with cleaning the worst of the road grime and bugs from mine. A good soap, wash brush and high pressure water and it's clean.

I am a perfectionist (years of showing my Mustang has ruined me) and I hate how hard the center part is to clean. I use a horse hair brush, but I still don't think it is clean enough, LOL. Plus, all of the factory grilles are busy as hell.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I just worry about the AFN grille being a white plastic underneath (at least that is what it shows on the YouTube video from Allied Expedition) so I worry about chips and stuff. It says it is powder coated, but being plastic, that is not the same as powder coating metal. Basically just paint...

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the clean look of this but those lights remind me of the dome lights from a ‘70s camper. How long before they yellow? It’s a good thing they can be left off. Your concern about that paint is valid.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I really like the clean look of this but those lights remind me of the dome lights from a ‘70s camper. How long before they yellow? It’s a good thing they can be left off. Your concern about that paint is valid.
Yea, I would not get those lights. Maybe opt for the Stage 3 Raptor grille lights later.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I would not get those lights. Maybe opt for the Stage 3 Raptor grille lights later.
They are much nicer and the plug n play side marker harness that comes with them makes it worth the price they’re asking - they would look sharp on that grille.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here's pics on the truck. Pretty cool

I like it much better than the Raptor grill

Screenshot (25).png

81fvRNOYeNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
To heck with the grille, gimme that Westin Outlaw bumper...or the Pro-Mod.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
How is the finish and how is it holding up?
I’m not sure if @Nevada_Bob has that grille - those are ad photos for Westin bumpers - they just happen to have that grille. If Doug has that grille, I’d like to see the picture of it - it would look more realistic than those filtered ad shots.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
In this video, the painted finish looks nice. I just wonder how well it holds up...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a fan of the Raptor grille due to the GIANT Ford lettering. I know, I am in the minority, but it just looks gaudy. I want to replace my hard to clean XLT factory grille and I was looking at the AFN grille. Similar design to the Raptor, but no lettering or badging. Just nice open design. I was wondering if anyone was using this and how is it holding up to chips (the finish) and how is the fit?

Here is a link to one for sale on Stage 3: 19-20 Ranger AFN Replacement Grille (stage3motorsports.com)

1614346535200.png
To be frank, I agree with you on the Raptor grills, which are too loud and bragging for my taste (at least for a non-Raptor truck), but the replacement suggested here does not do it for me either: it has a cheap, plastic, gaudy look to it. I'll just stick with stock unless a solid-looking, heavy metal, basic black one comes out with no lights or lettering.
Sponsored