Adding a fuel tank

Frog9z

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Payments due so my Heavy Duty is gone and now little 2020 Ranger is a full time Iowa farm truck for 2021!! Tough year last year with stupid inland hurricane we faced in August!!!
I kept the external tank from the Chevy and am going to cut it up and make it U shape and put in my Ranger. Warm weather now and getting ideas maybe not so good. My bride is so happy. (She needs to focus on the little ones, works at elementary school.) Anyway, I am going to have it removable. Be in truck in April, better be out in May!!! and back in for October and back out sometime in Dec. I am sure others that pull campers or something that could use a tank. I can share my project if interested but don't want to bore you.

I am going to put this truck to the test this year. I am adding some suspension stuff next week. I grew up with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton doing the dirty work. Now, seed is not hauled in bags in truck anymore since delivered in bulk tanks but still a lot of stuff to put a truck through some stuff a truck may not like. Will see how it goes.

Adding a Dekalb sticker to back as well. For 88k in seed I get a hat and will ask for a sticker.

Go Cyclones!!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So instead of adding an extra fuel tank there will be a replacement fuel tank coming very very very very soon! I am currently in the process with one other company out of Australia for making a bigger fuel tank for the 2019 and up Ford Ranger. Are stock size is 19 gal and the new tank should be right about 34 gallons. With it being that size we will now all have the ability to cry at the gas pumps LOL! We will also have the nice ability of a much better range with and without a load. There is also a threat about this with the long range fuel tank.

I hope this helps

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
So instead of adding an extra fuel tank there will be a replacement fuel tank coming very very very very soon! I am currently in the process with one other company out of Australia for making a bigger fuel tank for the 2019 and up Ford Ranger. Are stock size is 19 gal and the new tank should be right about 34 gallons. With it being that size we will now all have the ability to cry at the gas pumps LOL! We will also have the nice ability of a much better range with and without a load. There is also a threat about this with the long range fuel tank.

I hope this helps
I kept getting responses about "OMG EPA WON"T EVER ALLOW ANOTHER FUEL TANK" garbage. So is this not true anymore? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a larger tank, mostly because I want to do an unsupported Maine/AcrossCanada/IntoAlaska and back home trip at some point.

Hopefully, this won't be some $3,000+ thing...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I kept getting responses about "OMG EPA WON"T EVER ALLOW ANOTHER FUEL TANK" garbage. So is this not true anymore? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a larger tank, mostly because I want to do an unsupported Maine/AcrossCanada/IntoAlaska and back home trip at some point.

Hopefully, this won't be some $3,000+ thing...
The funny thing is even though you are "quote on quote" modifying an emission device all you are really doing is increasing the size tank you have. Will it affect the evap emissions? Not really since the charcoal canister only stores fuel vapors as needed and releases them into the engine when the PCM calls for it. As for when the tank will start to become avalible? Most likely by next month for order as long as things go well. For price? Well not as high of $3,000 but not as low as $1,000 either. It will still be a good price for what it is and from where it is made. A nice quality Australian product.

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
The funny thing is even though you are "quote on quote" modifying an emission device all you are really doing is increasing the size tank you have. Will it affect the evap emissions? Not really since the charcoal canister only stores fuel vapors as needed and releases them into the engine when the PCM calls for it. As for when the tank will start to become avalible? Most likely by next month for order as long as things go well. For price? Well not as high of $3,000 but not as low as $1,000 either. It will still be a good price for what it is and from where it is made. A nice quality Australian product.
Will they be making skid plates for the new fuel tank?

OP
OP

Frog9z

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
My diesel fuel transfer tank out of the HD holds a 100 gallons. I planned to rework it to fit across the front and down both sides towards wheel wells so I get as much bed length space as possible. I don't want the big box sitting in bed eating valuable space. I have a quick estimate no the new gallon storage.
This morning I am thinking things over a bit. if I get a bigger corporation truck again I will want this in it so may not want to cut this down and start over. My dad's in my ear thinking I will be buying a bigger truck for the farm later.

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
I am going to be testing one of the replacement tanks at the end of the month for the Ranger. It will be a direct replacement of the stock tank and will damn near double the fuel capacity.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am going to be testing one of the replacement tanks at the end of the month for the Ranger. It will be a direct replacement of the stock tank and will damn near double the fuel capacity.
What brand are you going with? That I'm aware of there's only one that's currently being made right now and that's the one that I'm getting fitted in my truck.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks like they've got it up on their site already.

$2095 for 36 gallons.
You might want to make sure that's the right taken. For the US spec it's going to be 34 gallons.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'd pay the $2K for one with just enough range to not hang below the frame rails and if it's metal I'd like to be able to add a nice fat (plastic) plate on the bottom like the factory "skid" plate.
Sponsored