First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I've seen a few members have I stalled these and claim some benefit(s) while some are questioning the value without 'extensive' mods.

I'm looking to address some subtle aspects of perceived performance in low speed throttle response and perhaps transmission smoothness. Phil S has suggested a drivetrain 'imbalance' might be a culprit in some smoothness while at least two other members have commented that their trucks did better at low speeds after the upgrade - even one finding corrosion under the factory coils.

There was some suggestion of gas mileage improvement although I'd have to have it explained how that can happen with the Accel over Ford. At roughly $200 to switch I'd have to have some tangible data to justify the expense over time if it truly improves mileage and is key for low RPM performance. I'm getting Unleashed tune(s) for mine and Torrie does some minor tweaking of transmission pressures on top of other things... I'm just trying to plan holistically.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a few members have I stalled these and claim some benefit(s) while some are questioning the value without 'extensive' mods.

I'm looking to address some subtle aspects of perceived performance in low speed throttle response and perhaps transmission smoothness. Phil S has suggested a drivetrain 'imbalance' might be a culprit in some smoothness while at least two other members have commented that their trucks did better at low speeds after the upgrade - even one finding corrosion under the factory coils.

There was some suggestion of gas mileage improvement although I'd have to have it explained how that can happen with the Accel over Ford. At roughly $200 to switch I'd have to have some tangible data to justify the expense over time if it truly improves mileage and is key for low RPM performance. I'm getting Unleashed tune(s) for mine and Torrie does some minor tweaking of transmission pressures on top of other things... I'm just trying to plan holistically.
After installing a 91 Otane tune from Torrie, my minor vibrations and what felt like transmission shuddering is gone. Everything is much smoother now. :like:

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else with any experience using these?
Sponsored