AC only blows cold on Passenger Side

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
Finally got some warm weather here, so kicked on AC driving home, but it's only blowing cold out the two passenger side vents (?), warm on the drivers side vents. Had temp set the same (~65) on both sides. It was doing it at lower fan speeds as well as Max AC. Moved up the pass side temp and that side got warm, but driver side never would blow cold even at low 60's. Any others have this issue on Ranger or other Fords? Dealer required fix? Arghhh if so
Sponsored

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Finally got some warm weather here, so kicked on AC driving home, but it's only blowing cold out the two passenger side vents (?), warm on the drivers side vents. Had temp set the same (~65) on both sides. It was doing it at lower fan speeds as well as Max AC. Moved up the pass side temp and that side got warm, but driver side never would blow cold even at low 60's. Any others have this issue on Ranger or other Fords? Dealer required fix? Arghhh if so
This happened with my 2019 Mazda. It was some internal flap thingy used in the dual zone a/c that got stuck. I think they just stuck something in there to get them to move a little which got them unstuck. It never happened again.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Pretty sure this is another known issue with the ranger thats beginning to pop up. Id do a search. My understanding is the dealers are aware and its a small plastic part they have to replace which requires them completely removing the front console of inside the vehicle.

Lookup nemesis5 i think it is on youtube. He described same issue you are having.

Edit: here u go

Gl

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Oof, having to take the whole interior apart to fix a flap seems like a pretty big bummer. Hopefully it was just a run of bad parts rather than a inherent design flaw.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
My truck had split dual climate control.....I wouldn't have wanted it if it didn't....the extra complexity is why. My brother is becoming an expert on this because he's had a binding blend door on both his 2009 edge an his 2016 explorer.

I guess the the dual set up has 3 blend doors an actuators. I guess the single set up only has one. I also heard since you set a temp an the system maintains it the blend door(s) are constantly making adjustments to keep the set temp vs just sitting in a set position.

Good news is we're under warranty

Ron L.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Had same problem on my 2019 FX4. Turned out being the blend door assembly. To replace the dash has to come out. Dealer replaced under warranty although it took a looooong time to get the part. This was at the very beginning of the covid and factories were running only part time.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Sounds like another HVAC distribution box to me!!!!! There is already a bulletin about it!! Go to the dealer. If you are under your 3 year 36,000 mile warranty then you are in the clear sir!!!

DeerSlayer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RangerXLT Crewcab
Occupation
Para Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me in my 2020. Dealer replaced it with just under 36k mileage. I lucked out it was a 2 grand fix. Dealer said the distribution box is built by volvo and it common. The plastic box gets deformed with hot and cold moving through it. Then doors won't open or close all the way.
Sponsored