Absolutely blown away by toyota truck grille guy

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
ordered a ko raptor grille from his site on Wed night. Got notified on Thurs it shipped...check the ups tracking info and it is shipping from china. And it is going to be delivered here in florida on Tuesday. Would have been here on Monday if not for memorial day. Fastest I have ever seen anything come from china directly.
Sponsored

RussB

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f 150
ordered a ko raptor grille from his site on Wed night. Got notified on Thurs it shipped...check the ups tracking info and it is shipping from china. And it is going to be delivered here in florida on Tuesday. Would have been here on Monday if not for memorial day. Fastest I have ever seen anything come from china directly.
That is why I don't order parts unless I know where it's made I will not buy from communist China.

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I get it but unfortunately around 85% of items are currently produced in China. You don't have much choice. It was more about how surprisingly fast the turn around time was. I have things made here that are all ready to ship that takes weeks to get shipped or delivered.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It must have been in transit or likely already in port. Transit time from Shanghai to Los Angeles is ~12-21 days, depending on weather and the age of the ship. Add the time for transport from wherever the grille was made to Shanghai plus UPS' logistic time in this country and you are at 25-30 days or more from where it was boxed up to when it is sitting on your garage floor.
I ordered a set of tent pegs direct from the Chinese mfr. on April 5th and the eta is 5/28-6/15.
Part of that is Covid stuff has priority, but still...
âš“

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
It must have been in transit or likely already in port. Transit time from Shanghai to Los Angeles is ~12-21 days, depending on weather and the age of the ship. Add the time for transport from wherever the grille was made to Shanghai plus UPS' logistic time in this country and you are at 25-30 days or more from where it was boxed up to when it is sitting on your garage floor.
I ordered a set of tent pegs direct from the Chinese mfr. on April 5th and the eta is 5/28-6/15.
Part of that is Covid stuff has priority, but still...
âš“
Its not a ship....thats the point. Its being flown here. The whole point was the grilles already have a good reputation for fitting really well with good build quality. It said he had some in stock so I ordered it wed night. I thought he had one where ever he ships from in the US, but when it said shipped and I am getting my ups updates I was shocked it was shipping directly from China and would be here within 6 days.

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
well, lets be real...you dont have it....yet.
True....but it already arrived in the US and is en route to my processing hub...and still on schedule for delivery by 9pm tomorrow. . Usually stuff from china takes weeks to come in. Logistically it was just impressive thats all

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I could've swore I saw something posted somewhere either on his website or here that insists he only ships from the United States. Clearly, the product comes to him from China but he likely doesn't sell a product he doesn't already have in the US.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
That is why I don't order parts unless I know where it's made I will not buy from communist China.
If you believe there isn't a single part in your Ranger that was made in China, there's some nice beachfront land in Arizona you may be interested in.

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I could've swore I saw something posted somewhere either on his website or here that insists he only ships from the United States. Clearly, the product comes to him from China but he likely doesn't sell a product he doesn't already have in the US.
I thought so too. But apparently not.

Screenshot_20200525-132439_Deliveries.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you believe there isn't a single part in your Ranger that was made in China, there's some nice beachfront land in Arizona you may be interested in.
Hey Jason,

When California has the BIG ONE, I will likely have beach front property or at least an ocean view! ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
well, lets be real...you dont have it....yet.
Another way to be real... if it were coming from the US, Ford lawyers would be stomping all over the maker for counterfeiting goods. They can't touch sellers in China which is why you can all have fake Raptor grilles for cheap.

I believe there's a reason these always ship directly from China and are not shipped first from a US seller's warehouse in the US. It's because that would make a US seller a direct party to counterfeiting crime. Instead they work out a deal with the Chinese maker to get a cut for the direct sale as a 3rd party. Not sure of course, just specualting how it works based on some other similar products I've seen sold.

If this were not the case it would be much more beneficial, cheaper and quicker to ship about 10 pallets worth to a US warehouse and then distribute from there.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Yup mine was delivered in 6 days from him, Original delivery date was 5/16 when it first shipped but got it on 5/12. Ships from China/US who cares it came from there originally let’s be real as long as it’s a quality product that’s all that matters.

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yup i agree. I'm fine with it coming from there. Logistically I'm just impressed in the turn around time. Usually items from china take 2-3weeks. But yes excited to see the product and get it installed. His reputation is good for these grilles.
Sponsored