levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a canopy for my little big man Thursday in silver it was still a measly 1266 with 2 sliders for the sides and a front window slider, maybe about 2 months out. I want an aluminum not only because their cost effective for me but light in weight and I can remove it whenever I want with out a major happening.
I found some fiberglass ones that were used but all were to large for my super crew along with being way to heavy for one old man to remove by self. Attempted to order a leer aluminum but it was 1772 with doors all around and was called a commercial and my Dog would not get the ventilation required, so popped for the A.R.E
aluminum one. I was shocked by the price as I have two full size built by a private guy for 400 a piece in the past.

:)

1028190843a.jpg

1116170652.jpg
Sponsored

Oath Keeper

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat
I just ordered a canopy for my little big man Thursday in silver it was still a measly 1266 with 2 sliders for the sides and a front window slider, maybe about 2 months out. I want an aluminum not only because their cost effective for me but light in weight and I can remove it whenever I want with out a major happening.
I found some fiberglass ones that were used but all were to large for my super crew along with being way to heavy for one old man to remove by self. Attempted to order a leer aluminum but it was 1772 with doors all around and was called a commercial and my Dog would not get the ventilation required, so popped for the A.R.E
aluminum one. I was shocked by the price as I have two full size built by a private guy for 400 a piece in the past.

1028190843a.jpg

1116170652.jpg
I had an aluminum built for my last truck and it was $900 about 3 years ago.

OP
OP

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing how this looks. I've been considering getting one as well
With the Wuhan flu outbreak my Dealer told me that leer is closing a plant but that A.R.E are planning on continuing operations as normal, also said at least 2 months and maybe more depending how the reaction escalates over the Wuhan Chinese flu out break. I can't wait to get my shell as it is already paid for except for a small amount.
Keep smiling and looking up.

Deleted member 1634

With the Wuhan flu outbreak my Dealer told me that leer is closing a plant but that A.R.E are planning on continuing operations as normal, also said at least 2 months and maybe more depending how the reaction escalates over the Wuhan Chinese flu out break. I can't wait to get my shell as it is already paid for except for a small amount.
Keep smiling and looking up.
I have a feeling that's my problem with getting my Leer. Even though I ordered it 5 weeks ago, before the whole country started shutting down. If I don't get it here soon, then I'm figuring it'll be a few months. Which is quite disappointing.

OP
OP

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

1028190843a.jpg

1116170652.jpg
Well, my classic A.R.E aluminum canopy arrived
May 18th and I had it installed the 19th, I was thinking it would be cab level but it is a commercial shell so it is about 21/2 to 3 inches above the cab it still looks good in my opinion. The thing was put on a truck the 6th and it took 12 days to be delivered to my store in Ontario Oregon, it was ordered the 18th of March.
They didn't have 1/4 side window sliders for the canopy so they wanted to make it with no side windows or with lift up doors but I told them it is for my animals and it has to have sliders or I will not purchase it so after a little thinking they put regular full sliders in along with the front slider that I had originally ordered, the cost was the same as the 1/4 sliders 78.00 per window.
The door on the back is pretty heavy and solid and tight fitting compared to the others I had built for my full-size Ram 2500's along with the frame and my Dakota canopy that is in storage, or as solid as aluminum can be, it has 4 cross members and it is only 5 feet long
I will take a picture of it on my Little Big Man soon and post it for anyone who cares.

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Well, my classic A.R.E aluminum canopy arrived
May 18th and I had it installed the 19th, I was thinking it would be cab level but it is a commercial shell so it is about 21/2 to 3 inches above the cab it still looks good in my opinion. The thing was put on a truck the 6th and it took 12 days to be delivered to my store in Ontario Oregon, it was ordered the 18th of March.
They didn't have 1/4 side window sliders for the canopy so they wanted to make it with no side windows or with lift up doors but I told them it is for my animals and it has to have sliders or I will not purchase it so after a little thinking they put regular full sliders in along with the front slider that I had originally ordered, the cost was the same as the 1/4 sliders 78.00 per window.
The door on the back is pretty heavy and solid and tight fitting compared to the others I had built for my full-size Ram 2500's along with the frame and my Dakota canopy that is in storage, or as solid as aluminum can be, it has 4 cross members and it is only 5 feet long
I will take a picture of it on my Little Big Man soon and post it for anyone who cares.
yes please, I'd love to see pictures

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
sorry my phone won't let me transfer my photos anymore, I took several pictures and tried to put them on my pc but.... Will keep working on it

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg
I usually just end up emailing photos to myself. Seems to usually work better than any of the bs file transfer software I've come across

OP
OP

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yes please, I'd love to see pictures
Okay , after searching on my phone I found it changed the name of my image album to gallery , so here are some flicks of my A.R.E. commercial aluminum canopy.
In comparing my other aluminum canopies I had had made by private parties for my trucks of the past this A.R.E commercial seems to be of heavier gauge aluminum as well as still having 4 cross members across the top and still only being 5 foot long my others were 61/2 and 8 foot in length referencing my full size and my Dakota
The windows seem to be more solid and also my rear door is also heavier and has a much better seal too.

0524201557.jpg

0524201558.jpg

0524201611.jpg

Last edited:

dr3w_mac

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4
Occupation
Currier
I like the look and light weight of the aluminum canopy. Looks good! Is there an exact name for the one you got. I just got a quote from A.R.E for a commercial unit called a DCU (deluxe commercial unit) for about $2700 with no options added. I'd like to get one more like yours with that price range.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I like the look and light weight of the aluminum canopy. Looks good! Is there an exact name for the one you got. I just got a quote from A.R.E for a commercial unit called a DCU (deluxe commercial unit) for about $2700 with no options added. I'd like to get one more like yours with that price range.
Price of aluminum is sky high since OPs was built. You'll likely feel the pain of it.

dr3w_mac

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4
Occupation
Currier
Price of aluminum is sky high since OPs was built. You'll likely feel the pain of it.
Makes sense. I also got a quote on the A.R.E. overland canopy and it was only about $450 more.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'll keep searching, but I'm looking for pictures of the A.R.E Classic Aluminum on a S-Cab.
Sponsored