A/C heating issue

JPB237

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I went to turn on the a/c , and heat comes out of the drivers side and a/c out of the passenger side , had an appointment for a oil change so I had them look at it , they say it’s a sensor and it’s a 20 hour job to pull the dash apart to get to the sensor
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Others have had similar issues and it was discovered while the factory warranty was in place. I sure hope you bought an extended warranty and this gets taken care of for you. ?

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC
Yes that time is about right to complete the job as its no fun to get in or out.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I went to turn on the a/c , and heat comes out of the drivers side and a/c out of the passenger side , had an appointment for a oil change so I had them look at it , they say it’s a sensor and it’s a 20 hour job to pull the dash apart to get to the sensor
Sensor ? you can search on here and see that it's usually replacing the entire HVAC distribution box as in 2019 they warp , I'd make sure that is what the dealer does.

Ron L.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Sensor ? you can search on here and see that it's usually replacing the entire HVAC distribution box as in 2019 they warp , I'd make sure that is what the dealer does.
THIS
Exactly what happened to mine the spring of 2020

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
This just happened to me today... Looks like I'll be saving for a repair :(

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I had to have my dash pulled and the HVAC box replaced. Took three business days I think. The bill was $3600.

I made a leap of faith and called Ford Customer Service as I was out of warranty. They used funds from the Goodwill Program or whatever it and knocked my bill down to $900.

If you’re out of warranty, it’s worth a shot. It doesn’t seem to work for everyone. I explained to the customer service rep that I was out of warranty and at the mercy of their good graces. The nice lady did me a solid and helped me out. It should go without saying that being calm and respectful with your rep will serve you better than yelling or cursing at them (as I’m sure some people do).

Anyway, best of luck to anyone who tries this. Worked for me. If you’re out of warranty, give it a shot. The worst they can say is no.

OP
OP

JPB237

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
That’s what it was , the heater box , and extended warranty covered it
Sponsored