• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to…
You can use the voice commands right from the steering wheel. Then you never have to reach or take your eyes off the road.

The voice commands don’t work that well, especially if CarPlay is enabled. Still end up reaching for a few things at times…
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Am I the only 1 here who likes the 6G looks better than the 5G? I can certainly do without the screens and Nanny Tech in the cabin, but if that is the only sacrifice I have to make it will still be less than compromises I made buying my Maverick 🤷‍♂️

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Am I the only 1 here who likes the 6G looks better than the 5G? I can certainly do without the screens and Nanny Tech in the cabin, but if that is the only sacrifice I have to make it will still be less than compromises I made buying my Maverick 🤷‍♂️
Maybe not the only one but certainly seems like the minority. If my Raptor deal falls through I will keep my 5G because IMHO the 6G (if this is the final look we're seeing ) isn't something I like enough to trade mine in for. But looks are in the eye of the beholder and not everyone cares about them. For me it counts for 40%-50% of what I look for in a vehicle and now that vehicles are so expensive I won't compromise on what I like or want. But everyone is different which is great because otherwise the world would be boring if we all had the same taste.

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
For me, the biggest hangup with the 5g Ranger was the interior being so terribly outdated, drab, and cheap (all the way to Lariat trim).

While I currently think I like the 5g exterior better than the 6g, it is also hard to compare a 5g built the way you want it to look vs spy photos of a 6g that is configured dramatically different than how you would order it.

Show me a 6g tremor/fx4 bap in eruption green and I may be going Tex Avery all over the place. The inside of the 6g raptor looks like a massive upgrade and step in the right direction, and I hope that the rest of the 6g line keeps a similar aesthetic as the Raptor and what we see in the international format. If ventilated seats (available internationally) and a moonroof/sunroof are available on the 6g, I'll be more than sold and gladly part ways waiting on my Maverick order.

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I don't mind the looks, but hate the pics with the bars on the bed and that short bed....but, I want the motor :) I drove a big Ram with their big screen about 150 miles on a dealer trade and didn't mind it. Drove the E-Mustang and didn't mind the size, the brightness and sharpness was really good for my 70+ year old eyes. As far as Nanny tech, hate lane minder and almost freaked out before I knew what it was driving an Edge back from auction when that vibration started :) you can turn everything off....but I would not be without adaptive cruise.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Only thing I don't like is that hideous J.C. Whitney looking grille. Just awful. I wish they'd do a proper grille that doesn't look like a Walmart add-on. Otherwise it's not bad. I really thought they'd go a little farther, especially with Toyota and Chevy showing off such amazing looking exteriors, but it isn't bad.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Only thing I don't like is that hideous J.C. Whitney looking grille. Just awful. I wish they'd do a proper grille that doesn't look like a Walmart add-on. Otherwise it's not bad. I really thought they'd go a little farther, especially with Toyota and Chevy showing off such amazing looking exteriors, but it isn't bad.
There's always the possibility of the Aftermarket making one. I know the RTR grill for the Bronco fits both the regular and Raptor, so there 'could' be an alternative.

You'd just have to decide whether you can tolerate RTR's signature LED lights and their badging on it. The badging is pretty subtle, in most cases, but it's their LED lighting that can be polarizing.
Sponsored