6.0 OEM Bedmat Defective?

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi all, dealer just delivered the OEM bedmat I ordered when I purchased the truck a few weeks ago and it appears to have lots of gunk stuck to the mat. Looks new otherwise just lots of stuff that starts to come up when I hit it with a solvent and stiff brush. Would rather not scrub my "new" mat for hours to make it look new. Dealer I ordered from is 6 hours away so not sure how much they can help. I do have other dealers nearby. What do y'all think? Try to get a replacement somehow? Dig in and try and clean it? Or just ignore it. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

IMG_20200620_151954.jpg

IMG_20200620_152031.jpg

IMG_20200620_152000.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
that aint right, i would be askin for a new one.............my 2 cents
Thanks for your reply. I'm kinda with you. From the dealer? From Ford? Not really sure who to ask. The dealer probably just sent it along after they received it and they are 6 hrs away so not sure I want to eat the cost of shipping it back. Not sure what my best option is.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
In the pics, it really just looks dirty. Maybe just from shipping. Possibly a good layer of soap and a pressure wash might do the trick. I guess I'm wondering if it's just dirty or some kind of damage of inferior molding.

OP
OP

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
In the pics, it really just looks dirty. Maybe just from shipping. Possibly a good layer of soap and a pressure wash might do the trick. I guess I'm wondering if it's just dirty or some kind of damage of inferior molding.
I had the same thought. But it's very gunky once I start scrubbing with a solvent and brush. Not like mud or anything. Almost fibrous. Doesn't come off very easily at all. At first I wondered if it was actually dyed rubber that got mixed up in the mat when it was made but it does come off with lots of scrubbing. I'll try the pressure washer with some soap and more scrubbing to see if I can't get the whole thing looking better.

OP
OP

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
my dealer rocks, i guess i am in the minority there, but i would call the dealer, show them pics and expect them to do the leg work. again, that is just me
Yeah. Unfortunately, I've never had any dealership inspire much confidence in their ability to do anything efficiently or correctly. I'll try cleaning again and if it doesn't get any better give them a call.

OP
OP

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Try hitting it with some naphtha or mineral spirits. Those should clean it up pretty quick with minimal drama.
Just noticed something that even mineral spirits won’t fix. See the difference on the right wheel well. Wasn’t formed or cut properly.
B5871BA7-10F6-4A53-B6B4-39290E3F6061.jpeg

329C7D53-3761-467D-B348-B9DA3E40C2E8.jpeg

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Jeez..that almost looks like it was cut to fit after the fact. That stuff looks like dried leaves or something. Was it all wrapped up when you got it?

OP
OP

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Jeez..that almost looks like it was cut to fit after the fact. That stuff looks like dried leaves or something. Was it all wrapped up when you got it?
Very well wrapped. With a Ford parts sticker and everything. I had to cut the wrapping off. Seemed legit until I unrolled it.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Well, considering the fit problem and whatever that stuff is, I would probably see about swapping it out unless you think you can live with it.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Just noticed something that even mineral spirits won’t fix. See the difference on the right wheel well. Wasn’t formed or cut properly.
If I had to venture a guess, they pulled the mold before the injection mold was done filling.

Seeing that... time for an exchange for a non defective mat. Must have been made on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning.
Sponsored