ItsBert

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Hi guys.
Does anyone know the brand of this connector? Or the part number for the socket and pins?
It is located at the front of the bed near the cab and is for brake lights and cargo lights when the sports bar is fitted to the UK rangers. (May be the same for the US trucks but I’m not sure.)

Just hoping someone recognises it and can identify it for me please? (No markings on it at all.- I will remove the pins tomorrow and see if I can find out what they are)
F0F74803-40F4-486E-B2F0-3F9A5751461A.jpeg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Brett,

I think your wiring is much different that here in North America. Hopefully some other ROW Ranger owner knows. I might suggest you call up one of the sports bar manufacturer and inquire if they know the specifics of this connector.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
ItsBert

ItsBert

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Hi Brett,

I think your wiring is much different that here in North America. Hopefully some other ROW Ranger owner knows. I might suggest you call up one of the sports bar manufacturer and inquire if they know the specifics of this connector.

Best,
Phil
Cheers Phil,

I was hoping that wasn’t the case. The sports bar I believe is made by ford so I think I’ll give their parts dept a call.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Phil,

I was hoping that wasn’t the case. The sports bar I believe is made by ford so I think I’ll give their parts dept a call.
Hi Brett,

I would be quite surprised if Ford made the Sports Bar. Is it an OEM optional item? In other words, is it installed at the factory or just badged by Ford?

For example, Ford aftermarket parts sells a Ford Bed Extender, but it is really made by AMP but Ford slaps a blue oval on it instead of AMP logo...

Best,
Phil

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
More info on location needed and are you positive that feeds the High Mount Stop Lamp / Cargo Lights. It appears to be located just foward of Left Rear Wheel Well by the Pic

OP
OP
ItsBert

ItsBert

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Hi Brett,

I would be quite surprised if Ford made the Sports Bar. Is it an OEM optional item? In other words, is it installed at the factory or just badged by Ford?

For example, Ford aftermarket parts sells a Ford Bed Extender, but it is really made by AMP but Ford slaps a blue oval on it instead of AMP logo...

Best,
Phil
I believe it is as far as I can tell. It's standard on all UK wildtrak models but I went with the hard topper instead so the bar was removed. I'm only after the connector to tap into the cargo lights feed (which is in this connector) and do things the "right" way.

ford-ranger_wildtrak-uk.jpg.renditions.extra-large.jpg

More info on location needed and are you positive that feeds the High Mount Stop Lamp / Cargo Lights. It appears to be located just foward of Left Rear Wheel Well by the Pic
Yep that's where the connector is.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
It would make adding a TBC a whole lot easier if that connector is for CHMSL, and we had it here in the US.
Sponsored