First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh shoot. You are illuminating my chemical world Dave. I have been spraying that GE straight on. :eek: Oops.
I'm not sure what your water is like out there, ours is really hard water here. I do have a water softener but that's now adding salt to your mix. I like to mix my gloss enhancer with distilled water so it's free from any contaminants and I use a dedicated spray bootle for it.

I like this one as it sprays a very fine mist and you can hit small areas like the back of the mirrors or the small edges where the window meets the roof line without blasting everything else.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7RLM7...colid=18AQHC875EVXC&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I'm not sure what your water is like out there, ours is really hard water here. I do have a water softener but that's now adding salt to your mix. I like to mix my gloss enhancer with distilled water so it's free from any contaminants and I use a dedicated spray bootle for it.

I like this one as it sprays a very fine mist and you can hit small areas like the back of the mirrors or the small edges where the window meets the roof line without blasting everything else.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N7RLM7...colid=18AQHC875EVXC&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
Ahh really appreciate all the help Dave! I didn’t even go as far to think the water has to be good water too. Boy oh boy. Got it, distilled water. Ooh I use a left over spray bottle from optimum hehe, but will add that to “save for later” :p

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

I use Voss on mine.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Ok, I just found out last night that this stuff exists and for a change, it’s available in Australia! At $50/bottle it’s not cheap, but with the wife away, I figured I’d give it a go on my new Ranger.

WOW, even on a white truck, the results are amazing. I do wish I’d been more patient and done it on a fine day, as I missed a few little marks during washing (stains from trees), but still, I’m more than happy with the results and only used about a fifth of a bottle.

The wheels didn’t get done today, working in a tiny carport on a wet day stopped that, but now I’m wondering what else I can use this on?

Wife’s car is getting a car door dent repaired week after next, then it’s getting a hit over the ceramic coating.

The Ranger is getting another coat and the wheels done.

The glass, external French doors, that are pain in the arse to keep clean? Yup, they are getting done too and if they work, every windows in my little beachside shack!

I even just tried it on my iPhone screen! Stupid as it sounds, screen now glows bright and resists fingerprints like nothing I’ve ever tried! I’m starting a movement here, this is amazing stuff. Quick vid of how good it works, even when you do a crappy job!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok, I just found out last night that this stuff exists and for a change, it’s available in Australia! At $50/bottle it’s not cheap, but with the wife away, I figured I’d give it a go on my new Ranger.

WOW, even on a white truck, the results are amazing. I do wish I’d been more patient and done it on a fine day, as I missed a few little marks during washing (stains from trees), but still, I’m more than happy with the results and only used about a fifth of a bottle.

The wheels didn’t get done today, working in a tiny carport on a wet day stopped that, but now I’m wondering what else I can use this on?

Wife’s car is getting a car door dent repaired week after next, then it’s getting a hit over the ceramic coating.

The Ranger is getting another coat and the wheels done.

The glass, external French doors, that are pain in the arse to keep clean? Yup, they are getting done too and if they work, every windows in my little beachside shack!

I even just tried it on my iPhone screen! Stupid as it sounds, screen now glows bright and resists fingerprints like nothing I’ve ever tried! I’m starting a movement here, this is amazing stuff. Quick vid of how good it works, even when you do a crappy job!

Looks great Rob and you're right even on white it really pops! I never thought about doing the screen on my iPhone. My gf already thinks I'm nuts detailing my truck wait until she sees me on the inside of the house putting Graphene my phone screen and all the mirrors. ?

:idea: Come to think of it I bet it would work great on the outside windows keeping the water spots away.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
:idea: Come to think of it I bet it would work great on the outside windows keeping the water spots away.
Exactly. Where I live, my glass is always covered in salt from the ocean. Hoping this might help make it a bit easier to keep clean. It'll be a lot of work, but I'll use my doors as a trial and if that works, I'll do the rest over time.

As for the phone, it's early days, but considering how much time I spent on it last night (eating pizza), it had very few finger prints or smudges this morning and a quick wipe on my shirt, clean as a whistle.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
So, I didn’t have a lot of free time today, and it’s rained non stop for a week (and another week forecast), but I did stop long enough to rip my rims off and give them a coat. I’ll leave the review until I’ve given them a good run and a handful of washes, but they do shine like the car.

Well, like the car did, before a week of commuting through flooded roads, parking in torrential rain, and under trees, made it look second hand. The coating held up for about four days of solid rain (parked outside 24/7), before it stopped beading after a particularly wet, windy and stormy night parked under gum trees.

Very interested to see what happens after I give it a quick wash, if the beading goes back to what it was or not. The windscreen and other glass is still working great after a week of windshield wipers, so I hope so.

It’s a pretty harsh, coastal environment where I am, right by the beach and always either hot, or stormy it seems. Such is Australia.

Looking forward to giving her a good wash and seeing how it holds up after the next week of rain coming.

Before: (It should also be noted I had all the tires off at the tire shop this week, which didn’t help the cleanliness)

49E5B71D-07C8-432D-BAE2-4E2A46ED5B2D.jpeg

After:

D7791F26-F5CE-46FD-BB82-15D0C9B917B7.jpeg
9FB0E82F-D516-4717-AF3A-5D803AD06DE8.jpeg

Let’s see how they look after a week commuting in the rain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I didn’t have a lot of free time today, and it’s rained non stop for a week (and another week forecast), but I did stop long enough to rip my rims off and give them a coat. I’ll leave the review until I’ve given them a good run and a handful of washes, but they do shine like the car.

Well, like the car did, before a week of commuting through flooded roads, parking in torrential rain, and under trees, made it look second hand. The coating held up for about four days of solid rain (parked outside 24/7), before it stopped beading after a particularly wet, windy and stormy night parked under gum trees.

Very interested to see what happens after I give it a quick wash, if the beading goes back to what it was or not. The windscreen and other glass is still working great after a week of windshield wipers, so I hope so.

It’s a pretty harsh, coastal environment where I am, right by the beach and always either hot, or stormy it seems. Such is Australia.

Looking forward to giving her a good wash and seeing how it holds up after the next week of rain coming.

Before: (It should also be noted I had all the tires off at the tire shop this week, which didn’t help the cleanliness)

49E5B71D-07C8-432D-BAE2-4E2A46ED5B2D.jpeg

After:

D7791F26-F5CE-46FD-BB82-15D0C9B917B7.jpeg
9FB0E82F-D516-4717-AF3A-5D803AD06DE8.jpeg

Let’s see how they look after a week commuting in the rain.
Rob, your wheels look great! Seeing as you're in a harsh environment like I am try giving the whole truck 1-2 more coats of Graphene. I did 2 coats (you can layer up to 3 without curing time) and with our high heat and strong UV rays out here mine has lasted just over a year now. The water beading seems to be less after about 9-10 months which was better than anything else I've tried excluding ceramic coatings.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Rob, your wheels look great! Seeing as you're in a harsh environment like I am try giving the whole truck 1-2 more coats of Graphene. I did 2 coats (you can layer up to 3 without curing time) and with our high heat and strong UV rays out here mine has lasted just over a year now. The water beading seems to be less after about 9-10 months which was better than anything else I've tried excluding ceramic coatings.
Thanks for the advice mate, that’s exactly what I’m doing. When it stops raining and I have time. I hoping to get through the next week of rain and then try for another coat before the next lot. It’s a bit of an experiment this truck, because I paid a fortune to have a ceramic coating put on my wife’s car and to be honest, as a person who’s always been into detailing, I was never impressed. Made cleaning a touch easier, but never had the “water beads straight off” effect I was hoping for. I mainly got it done as I didn’t even have a carport at the time (I had one build for it soon after) and I was worried about tree sap and shit ruining the paint, along with having nowhere to work on it.

With the graphene, I drove home through rain a few days after coating and the car was basically dry (it stopped raining 10 mins before home). I actually took this shot arriving home as I was dumbfounded

CE944264-26E7-435B-ACDD-EC45C4950202.jpeg

I’m willing to bet on a few things I’ve learnt so far…

- It’s not a polish, so prep work is half the battle. Do that right and you’ll get the best results.

- 2+ coats seems to be needed to get evenness and proper protection.

- It seems to work on anything. My son and I went down to my parents house and did my dads windshield as a trial last night. While we were there, he had a thin strip of black plastic that was whitening on the front of his grill. Two quick coats and it was like new.

- Keep the car clean after application. I think that you really need to wash at least weekly to get the results seen in photos and videos.

I’ll keep playing with it but. It’s easy to use, quick to apply and wipe off and beads/shines better than anything I’ve ever seen. I also love that you just coat everything, no masking off glass, plastics, rubber, ect. So much easier.

It reminds me of when Mcguires first bought out that synthetic “Next-Gen” stuff (showing my age). The WRX I had at the time literally looked a different colour after trying it compared to the gold class that was their “go-to” at the time. This is that different again.

I’m also hanging to try a couple of coats on my wife’s CLA. Being a darker colour, having a very large, dark tinted, integrated glasshouse (including most of the roof, frameless windows etc), a very fluid, deep paint job and being already ceramic coated, I’m hoping to see some good results on that too. And it’s mine (the trucks a company vehicle, I just treat it as my own), so it gets a deeper kind of love!

AABB1D1C-5A6E-43C8-9FE6-D1DA35238860.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the advice mate, that’s exactly what I’m doing. When it stops raining and I have time. I hoping to get through the next week of rain and then try for another coat before the next lot. It’s a bit of an experiment this truck, because I paid a fortune to have a ceramic coating put on my wife’s car and to be honest, as a person who’s always been into detailing, I was never impressed. Made cleaning a touch easier, but never had the “water beads straight off” effect I was hoping for. I mainly got it done as I didn’t even have a carport at the time (I had one build for it soon after) and I was worried about tree sap and shit ruining the paint, along with having nowhere to work on it.

With the graphene, I drove home through rain a few days after coating and the car was basically dry (it stopped raining 10 mins before home). I actually took this shot arriving home as I was dumbfounded

CE944264-26E7-435B-ACDD-EC45C4950202.jpeg

I’m willing to bet on a few things I’ve learnt so far…

- It’s not a polish, so prep work is half the battle. Do that right and you’ll get the best results.

- 2+ coats seems to be needed to get evenness and proper protection.

- It seems to work on anything. My son and I went down to my parents house and did my dads windshield as a trial last night. While we were there, he had a thin strip of black plastic that was whitening on the front of his grill. Two quick coats and it was like new.

- Keep the car clean after application. I think that you really need to wash at least weekly to get the results seen in photos and videos.

I’ll keep playing with it but. It’s easy to use, quick to apply and wipe off and beads/shines better than anything I’ve ever seen. I also love that you just coat everything, no masking off glass, plastics, rubber, ect. So much easier.

It reminds me of when Mcguires first bought out that synthetic “Next-Gen” stuff (showing my age). The WRX I had at the time literally looked a different colour after trying it compared to the gold class that was their “go-to” at the time. This is that different again.

I’m also hanging to try a couple of coats on my wife’s CLA. Being a darker colour, having a very large, dark tinted, integrated glasshouse (including most of the roof, frameless windows etc), a very fluid, deep paint job and being already ceramic coated, I’m hoping to see some good results on that too. And it’s mine (the trucks a company vehicle, I just treat it as my own), so it gets a deeper kind of love!

AABB1D1C-5A6E-43C8-9FE6-D1DA35238860.jpeg

It's nice to see how well it works on different vehicles and the different climates. It's to bad it's a little pricey for you but I think you can see it's well worth it. A couple more coats and you should be well protected especially on the wheels. The brake dust and grime just rinse right off once they're coated.

Being able to coat everything is a huge bonus with the Graphene as it saves a lot of time. I spray it all over my wipers and wiper arms too as it seems to keep them protected from the sun out here which is brutal during the summer.

We don't get much rain here (about 9"/year) but there's a lot of dust in the air. I use a California duster 2-3 times a week to get the dust off. Then in between washes I use some Glass Enhancer which really makes it shine.

Using it on your wife's car will really enhance that darker color and add extra protection over the ceramic coating. I wasn't sold on the ceramic coatings so I jumped on this stuff when it first came out and so far it's done everything it says it should as long as you prep it right. But even just going over other finishes it still works great and it's super easy to apply and remove.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
I think you’re right mate. I’m going to give the Ranger a quick once over before I go out, see how it comes out.
And the shock result…. After being so excited after coating it, first Wash and basically no beading, other than on the glass and a little on the doors. Looks like rain washed it all off. I’ll try a second coat when I can, but at this stage, pretty poor result.

A484DF16-FDC5-4EF1-B5A3-9D3FF68849E9.jpeg

02A67DBA-53F0-48B5-BAF9-FBAD9D41BE0C.jpeg

150E16E6-20DC-41AB-93B4-A8FB5B4316B3.jpeg

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
383C7B0E-317A-4D60-8DD4-55F35C672878.jpeg
Roof unedited, simply quick wash and left without drying at all. Wouldn’t know it had had a coat of anything.

I wish I knew this, I’d have taken more time and done two coats on the wheels while I had them all off. It’s not going to last five seconds on them.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
When I was much younger, we were all after that "beading" that a good wax put on a car. Then as I got older, I realized those water spots left a residue if you didn't wipe them off. "Waxes" that promoted water "sheeting" became the real deal as there supposedly wasn't any spotting after a wash or rain. Looks to me like your water was "sheeted off" and left you with a clean shine.

But pictures can sometimes be deceiving. I hope you find your best solution soon!

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
When I was much younger, we were all after that "beading" that a good wax put on a car. Then as I got older, I realized those water spots left a residue if you didn't wipe them off. "Waxes" that promoted water "sheeting" became the real deal as there supposedly wasn't any spotting after a wash or rain. Looks to me like your water was "sheeted off" and left you with a clean shine.

But pictures can sometimes be deceiving. I hope you find your best solution soon!
Maybe you’re right? I’ve just always looked for beading as a sign it’s repelling water.

I don’t have time to dry it (it’s going to rain anyway), so I’ll just take it out as it is and see what happens. I hope you’re right and I'm wrong here, because im just about overspending my weekends trying to get along lasting result, if it’s not coming due to rain/humidity.

Thanks again.
Sponsored