3" x 16" Stainless resonator delete pipe ???

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
NOTE: This is ONLY an item that MAY be able to be used as a resonator delete pipe. I DO NOT know the dimensions of the Ranger's resonator. You would have to check your Ranger to see if this would work. You might be able to make it fit....but it is a viable option if you're wanting to delete your resonator. Comes with clamps. And it's only $50 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-49-366...h=item1ef194d1a6:g:Z~oAAOSwtFxb2I-X:rk:2:pf:0
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
NOTE: This is ONLY an item that MAY be able to be used as a resonator delete pipe. I DO NOT know the dimensions of the Ranger's resonator. You would have to check your Ranger to see if this would work. You might be able to make it fit....but it is a viable option if you're wanting to delete your resonator. Comes with clamps. And it's only $50 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-49-366...h=item1ef194d1a6:g:Z~oAAOSwtFxb2I-X:rk:2:pf:0
Or you could just go down to the muffler shop and have them weld a new piece in for probably the same.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
The resonator is on the back curve of the pipe above the axle if I remember correctly. A straight piece like that won't work.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I used search to find this :)

That said, anybody do a muffler delete yet? It looks like it's clamped in place, so a straight through, or chambered muffler should be able to be put right in there. I have a decent muffler shop in my town, maybe I'll have them do some "work" on it for me.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I used search to find this :)

That said, anybody do a muffler delete yet? It looks like it's clamped in place, so a straight through, or chambered muffler should be able to be put right in there. I have a decent muffler shop in my town, maybe I'll have them do some "work" on it for me.
I’m going to do a muffler delete.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
When the muffler and resonator is gone will it sound like these little rice burners you see running around with flat brim cockeyed drivers.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
When the muffler and resonator is gone will it sound like these little rice burners you see running around with flat brim cockeyed drivers.
Which is why I'm not deleting it, just replacing it with something bigger and less restrictive. It's already plenty big. I had a 4cyl diesel before this and it sounded great with, hoping the truck sounds similar to stock with a little more turbo whistle. I'm also trying to think of a way to delete the turbo silencer just in front of the recirc valve on the hot side pipe.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
LoL ...that’s the main idea!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Any Midas muffler shop can bend you a pipe...the muffler has some tricky curves ...and you would probably have to flush cut the resonator to get a straight pipe to it....I would like to hear a sound clip with the resonator delete...but the muffler is huge and offset...

Regards

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that the exhaust sounds no different with the resonator removed and stock muffler in place. I chopped my exhaust behind the muffler to remove it in place of a Gibson catback exhaust, but Gibson sent me a mis-built muffler so I had to put the stock muffler back on (missing the resonator and tailpipe).

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I can tell you that the exhaust sounds no different with the resonator removed and stock muffler in place. I chopped my exhaust behind the muffler to remove it in place of a Gibson catback exhaust, but Gibson sent me a mis-built muffler so I had to put the stock muffler back on (missing the resonator and tailpipe).
Good info !
Sponsored