RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
I have now gotten to the point I have to do something about the stance of the truck. My question is about leveling kits and why they are only listed for 4WD. Is there a difference in the suspension between 2WD and 4WD? I would really like to level this thing out and put bigger tires and wheels on it to fill those enormous wheel wells.
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have now gotten to the point I have to do something about the stance of the truck. My question is about leveling kits and why they are only listed for 4WD. Is there a difference in the suspension between 2WD and 4WD? I would really like to level this thing out and put bigger tires and wheels on it to fill those enormous wheel wells.
I had the same question I ordered Rough Country 2.5" spacers from @PandaMotorworks. I hated the stance as well. Some worse than others. Having My dealers Quick Lane service center install next Monday,

Same part for 2WD as 4WD

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ducts/2-5in-ford-leveling-kit-2019-ranger-4wd

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, must be a personal choice. I don't have a problem with the stance of my Lariat 4x2 Sport Ranger.

Fordrangerlifts.com

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fordrangerlifts.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Fx4
Occupation
Fabricator
www.fordrangerlifts.com
2wd with our 3” level kit.

CE67048F-C49F-41B5-A0FE-7196183B2363.jpeg

2E86D90D-0B6B-4F6F-ACFB-4D521F23502D.jpeg

OP
OP
RangerDave

RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
@SubVet, let us know how it turns out. Looking forward to seeing the results and your thoughts.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went 2.5" Rough Country's and love it. I don't feel ride quality has changed at all.
gO81xPi.jpg

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Has anybody had trouble finding a shop that can align their Ranger after the leveling kit is installed? I installed the 2.5" kit myself over the weekend and all the local shops are saying that they cannot enter manual specifications for an alignment and none of them have 2019 Ford Ranger specs in their system yet.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody had trouble finding a shop that can align their Ranger after the leveling kit is installed? I installed the 2.5" kit myself over the weekend and all the local shops are saying that they cannot enter manual specifications for an alignment and none of them have 2019 Ford Ranger specs in their system yet.
Ford service may be your only option now.

johnaflo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I got that 3 inch ready lift sst installed on 2wd

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to do the 2.5" leveling kit on my 2WD. To @SubVet 's point has anyone had issues with alignment on the 2WD after the install? Got an installer ready to do the install but they said getting a kit that doesn't specifically say they support 2WD they are afraid when they get ready to do the alignment there will be issues.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to do the 2.5" leveling kit on my 2WD. To @SubVet 's point has anyone had issues with alignment on the 2WD after the install? Got an installer ready to do the install but they said getting a kit that doesn't specifically say they support 2WD they are afraid when they get ready to do the alignment there will be issues.
A Ford dealer installed my 2.5" Rough Country lift, performed an alignment and my truck tracks straight at highway speed for a good distance and I don't have other issues. The dealer has done a few when I had mine done. One was for sale with the same lift kit installed. I see pics here of other dealers who are selling lifted Rangers. 4x4 shops are doing lifts and alignments when I called for estimates.
One thing my Ford service advisor said which may be BS, is he does a camber adjustment too which many shops don't.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Quick Lane is doing mine. problem is they don't have the software to do the alignment afterward. I am waiting for their call when they have the software to do the alignment. I would rather wait than have them do the lifts then have to get an alignment somewhere else.

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ford Quick Lane is doing mine. problem is they don't have the software to do the alignment afterward. I am waiting for their call when they have the software to do the alignment. I would rather wait than have them do the lifts then have to get an alignment somewhere else.
I had my local dealer do my alignment after installing the Rough Country 2.5 kit. Couple of hours later and less than $100 and it drives perfect. Sounds like they are giving you BS info.
Sponsored