First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Mine is almost obnoxious. Test says it needs a 90 second audible warning. No thanks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine is almost obnoxious. Test says it needs a 90 second audible warning. No thanks
Turn up Hair Nation louder and you won't hear the chimes. lol :rockon:

I always put mine on as soon as I get in so the chimes don't bother me. But there are times when Annie will forget to put hers on and it's pretty obnoxious to say the least.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Turn up Hair Nation louder and you won't hear the chimes. lol :rockon:

I always put mine on as soon as I get in so the chimes don't bother me. But there are times when Annie will forget to put hers on and it's pretty obnoxious to say the least.
Yup. I always wear mine and the wife does, too. It takes her a minute to get situated and I am already heading out so the chimes go off. And she is usually getting airpods in so she doesn't have to hear Hair Nation!!!

Last edited:

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
We also wear our seatbelts all the time, so I cannot really comment on how annoying the chimes are.

One thing I found interesting was that we were hauling some lightweight stuff in the bed last week, and although we tied it down, I asked my wife to sit in the back to check on the items to confirm that they were tied down well once we hit the highway.

When she moved from the front seat to the back, there was a visual warning on the dash that a person had been in the passenger's seat and that the passenger seatbelt was not latched. The same thing happened later but with the rear seat when she moved from the rear seat back to the passenger's seat.

I thought that this was a pretty cool feature, and it did not appear to go away on its own. I had to click "OK" to acknowledge it.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
IIHS has spent the last 60 years shaming manufacturers into making their vehicles more expensive. Now that that goal has been achieved, they keep moving the goalpost to keep themselves relevant.

Fortunately the Ranger chime can (as of now) be disabled, but a car that won't let me get from my mailbox to my garage without spamming me about the seatbelt is pretty unacceptable.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
One feature I really miss from my F150, is the ability to turn the seat belt warnings off. I normally wear mine, but not always and the dinging is annoying.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Fortunately the Ranger chime can (as of now) be disabled, but a car that won't let me get from my mailbox to my garage without spamming me about the seatbelt is pretty unacceptable.
? You can disable it in the Ranger? Details please.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
One feature I really miss from my F150, is the ability to turn the seat belt warnings off. I normally wear mine, but not always and the dinging is annoying.
I killed ALL the chimes with Forscan in mine. Startup, door, seatbelt. I drive around my land and have to open and close gates and the constant beeping pissed me off.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mine got turned off within the first week I owned it. Forscan is your friend once again! The only one I left active was key in ignition and opening door. Don’t want to lock in the key and phone! Then I’ll be screwed

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
This is gonna be one of those things that just keeps growing until your seat shakes and the car refuses to move.

I had an 80s Dodge Daytona with the auto seatbelts that move along the door and talked to you about every little thing. Now that was annoying!

Here's another jem! You could activate a run down of all the voice commands. I had it set as my ringtone on my old Razor phone back then lol.