TigerWoodsG5

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
on the 4WD trucks the rear cross member has to be cut out to fit the new lifted one due to the new location of the front differential. On a 2wd like mine all Did was cut the front diff mount off of the new crossmember and everything bolted directly on.
I want to run the 6” lift you have on my 2wd ranger. How is the ride?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Why are you guys lifting a 2wd 6 inches? just for the look?
Most likely.... Unfortunately there are those that buy a truck as a status symbol more than anything.....

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
Most likely.... Unfortunately there are those that buy a truck as a status symbol more than anything.....
well since 95% of my need for a truck was to tow my horse trailer and commute to work I guess It was a status symbol lifting a 2wd. The other 5% was hard packed off-road trails when the wife and I visited the in laws in Colorado which my other thread shows pics of and the truck did just fine on exactly what I wanted to do. But I got out of the ranger 6 months ago into a full size 4x4 so now my lift kit to predominantly commute and tow my horse trailer is so much nicer.

Reactions: Doc

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
Why are you guys lifting a 2wd 6 inches? just for the look?
the look had a lot to do with it. Plus where I was taking the truck I had no need for a 4x4. I just drove it on trails within its limits. But the rear locker and front winch helped if I got over zealous. I bought the truck I could afford at the time and made it look and perform the way I wanted to is all.

Reactions: Doc

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Who cares why someone buys a car/truck? I swear y’all need to relax on what people do with their own property. If someone wants a jacked up truck let them. Do you only wear clothes with no branding? Guessing not. Boom status symbol :computerrage:

Kirby808

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
the look had a lot to do with it. Plus where I was taking the truck I had no need for a 4x4. I just drove it on trails within its limits. But the rear locker and front winch helped if I got over zealous. I bought the truck I could afford at the time and made it look and perform the way I wanted to is all.
was just curious is all, no judgement here. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a lifted 2wd but I’m a BC backwoods redneck.

They certainly look mean jacked up on 35s. Saw one in person with the 6” lift on 35s the other day and had to turn around and pull into the parking lot to check it out.
Sponsored