• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Now that I have the Lariat in my driveway and all the drama is over for me - let me share my experience.

Ranger Lariat RWD - Oxford white with sandstone interior, spray in liner, safe, locking differential, keyless keypad

Order Date 12/21/23

Order Confirmation 12/27/23

Build Week 2/26/24, Moved to 3/4/24

Built confirmation 3/20/24

Shipped by CSX Rail to Tampa FL 3/22/24

Delivered to Brandon Ford 4/5/24

Took deliver 4/8/24 with 27.3 miles on odometer

Note - This was a retail buy with an Xplan pin given to me by my friend (retired - Ford executive)

The two coupon codes did not work for me so no further discount.

Xplan price $45012.76

Delivery charge $75

Florida sales tax $2705.66

Florida County Tax $50

Title & 2 year Registration $170.45

Lemon Law Fee $2

Lead acid battery fee $1.50

New tire fee $5

Extended Service Contract 8 years\100,000 miles $3970

Full Maintenance Contract 8 years \ 100,000 miles $3215

Sales Tax on the two contracts $502.95

Total turn key drive away $55,710.32

Note – and this is just my own opinion. I’m so glad I took the chance and ordered the Sandstone interior instead of Black. When you open the door, it is nice and light and the contrast of the Sandstone and black accents are really elegant. If I had ordered black it would have been one huge black hole when you open the door. Again, this is just my own opinion.

First driving impressions - two minor gripes; the navigation (I used Google maps via Apple Play) got confused and missed a turn. Probably not Ford's fault. The other slight gripe was highway noise was there but minimal. As others said they could have done a better job sound proofing the windows. That said, this truck is solid and flawless so far. In hindsight, if I was to do this over again, I wouldn't have ordered the safe because it is small. I was under the impression that if you ordered the safe in the console it was small and if you ordered it under the rear seat, it would be large enough to lock a rifle in . . . nope, same size as console so kinda useless. I also think that since I ordered RWD and never intend on going off road I wasted money on the locking differential. Note, I had ordering remorse after the fact that I didn't buy the integrated box steps but now that I see it in person, I'm glad I didn't because the step in the center of the rear bumper makes it very easy to get up there.

OK, so how did this guy get his Ranger so fast (3 months and 1 week) when we are still waiting? I have figured this out. Brandon Ford is (so they claim) the largest Ford truck seller in the country. I believe that they get preferential treatment in terms of allotments, build priority, and delivery. I think that when they place an order they get bumped to the front of the line. When I placed my order, I asked them how much they wanted down and they said nothing, if I didn't want it when it was delivered, they could easily sell it so they weren't the least bit concerned. I was very skeptical about that part and even thought that they might sell it from under me when it arrived but that never happened. They are a Stand-Up dealership that keeps their word. In hindsight, my experience with Brandon Ford of Tampa Florida and General Manager Brooksye Wall was a monumental positive experience and I would not hesitate recommending them or buying from them in the future myself.

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 01

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 02

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 03

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 04

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 05

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 06

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Brooksey Wall - General Sales Manager

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Ranger 01

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Now that I have the Lariat in my driveway and all the drama is over for me - let me share my experience.

Ranger Lariat RWD - Oxford white with sandstone interior, spray in liner, safe, locking differential, keyless keypad

Order Date 12/21/23

Note - This was a retail buy with an Xplan pin given to me by my friend (retired - Ford executive)

Xplan price $45012.76

Delivery charge $75

Florida County Tax $50

Lemon Law Fee $2

New tire fee $5

Note – and this is just my own opinion. I’m so glad I took the chance and ordered the Sandstone interior instead of Black. When you open the door, it is nice and light and the contrast of the Sandstone and black accents are really elegant. If I had ordered black it would have been one huge black hole when you open the door. Again, this is just my own opinion.

First driving impressions - two minor gripes; the navigation (I used Google maps via Apple Play) got confused and missed a turn. Probably not Ford's fault. The other slight gripe was highway noise was there but minimal. As others said they could have done a better job sound proofing the windows. That said, this truck is solid and flawless so far. In hindsight, if I was to do this over again, I wouldn't have ordered the safe because it is small. I was under the impression that if you ordered the safe in the console it was small and if you ordered it under the rear seat, it would be large enough to lock a rifle in . . . nope, same size as console so kinda useless. I also think that since I ordered RWD and never intend on going off road I wasted money on the locking differential. Note, I had ordering remorse after the fact that I didn't buy the integrated box steps but now that I see it in person, I'm glad I didn't because the step in the center of the rear bumper makes it very easy to get up there.

OK, so how did this guy get his Ranger so fast (3 months and 1 week) when we are still waiting? I have figured this out. Brandon Ford is (so they claim) the largest Ford truck seller in the country. I believe that they get preferential treatment in terms of allotments, build priority, and delivery. I think that when they place an order they get bumped to the front of the line. When I placed my order, I asked them how much they wanted down and they said nothing, if I didn't want it when it was delivered, they could easily sell it so they weren't the least bit concerned. I was very skeptical about that part and even thought that they might sell it from under me when it arrived but that never happened. They are a Stand-Up dealership that keeps their word. In hindsight, my experience with Brandon Ford of Tampa Florida and General Manager Brooksye Wall was a monumental positive experience and I would not hesitate recommending them or buying from them in the future myself.

Ranger 01.jpg

Ranger 02.jpg

Ranger 03.jpg

Ranger 04.jpg

Ranger 05.jpg

Ranger 06.jpg

Brooksey Wall - General Sales Manager.jpg
Lariat right? Why does that look like an XLT shifter? Is it different in a 4x2?
Thanks for all the great info!!!

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
What was the sticker price before x-plan? Curious how much x-plan is for discount.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Only 4x4 Lariats get the smaller shifter. Congrats on the truck OP

Reactions: DMC
OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes Lariat - I have no reference point for the difference in shifters for various models so I cannot answer that. I’m sure someone else will chime in 😃

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Yes the 4x2 has the normal shifter.

OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Head scratcher - if you specifically order RWD you would think Ford would realize you have no intensions of going off road. So why not give you some nice radials instead of these Goodyear Wrangler AT tires? These slightly contribute to road noise.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Plus stopping distance is increased by around 20-ft from 60mph, I believe, with A/T tires.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX

Order Date 12/21/23

Xplan price $45012.76

Delivery charge $75

Florida County Tax $50

Lemon Law Fee $2

New tire fee $5

Ranger 01.jpg

Ranger 02.jpg

Ranger 03.jpg

Ranger 04.jpg

Ranger 05.jpg

Ranger 06.jpg

You should cancel the maintenance and extended service plan. You wayyyyy overpaid.

8 yr 100,000 mile ford esp through flood, Granger, zeigler is $1685. Screwed you by $2300.

8 yr 100000 mile complete maintenance is under $2000 with any option. That's a $1500 to $2000 screwing.

Don't let them screw you out of almost $4000. Cancel and order online through Flood Ford, Granger Ford, or Zeigler Ford.

I attached what you should have paid. These are screen shots from the flood website.

They absolutely raped you and you shouldn't let them get away with it. That's plain bs!!!

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Screenshot_20240408_190320_Chrome

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger Lariat Delivered and Ownership Afterthoughts Screenshot_20240408_190554_Chrome

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cyrusblack

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You should cancel the maintenance and extended service plan. You wayyyyy overpaid
How so? Florida State Law forbids price gauging. This is the same price that any dealership in Florida is allowed to charge.[/QUOTE]

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
How so? Florida State Law forbids price gauging. This is the same price that any dealership in Florida is allowed to charge.
[/QUOTE]
I just showed you what you should've paid. Look at the screenshots I attached. You way overpaid and they screwed you badly. My family had a Ford dealership for 97 years. I'm just trying to help you.

But if you don't want my help, do whatever you want. I'd not be okay paying them an extra $4000 over what you should've paid.

And, I don't know Florida law, but overcharging you by over double on the plans is sure price gouging to me.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Head scratcher - if you specifically order RWD you would think Ford would realize you have no intensions of going off road. So why not give you some nice radials instead of these Goodyear Wrangler AT tires? These slightly contribute to road noise.
I ordered 2WD but still have intentions of offroading-ish on forest service roads and such, so I’m happy with the tires. They’re not super aggressive but give you some traction.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I just showed you what you should've paid. Look at the screenshots I attached. You way overpaid and they screwed you badly. My family had a Ford dealership for 97 years. I'm just trying to help you.

But if you don't want my help, do whatever you want. I'd not be okay paying them an extra $4000 over what you should've paid.

And, I don't know Florida law, but overcharging you by over double on the plans is sure price gouging to me.
[/QUOTE]

Florida doesn’t allow you to buy any ESP plans outside of the state I believe. So it’s essentially price fixing and not allowing competition like Granger and the others you mentioned.

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker

Order Date 12/21/23

Xplan price $45012.76

Delivery charge $75

Florida County Tax $50

Lemon Law Fee $2

New tire fee $5

Ranger 01.jpg

Ranger 02.jpg

Ranger 03.jpg

Ranger 04.jpg

Ranger 05.jpg

Ranger 06.jpg

Ordered in December. And here I wait for mine from August...lol