First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I want a lariat with the 2.7 for the additional torque. Looks like I'll be waiting since it won't be available until later this year.
2.3 on tune is at 370, so not too far off that 2.7.
Sponsored

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I'd like from the 24 that my 22 doesn't have is the dash and infotainment. The 2.7 is what I thought this truck should have always had, but it's still not enough for me buy another. I also don't like the size increase or the front end.

I'm good with my 22.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
1) I love that 2.7 is an engine option now
2) Raptor 3.0 and Fox 2.5.... Mama!
3) I would not tell her to put her water bottles and beanie under the unchanged back seat ??

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I am fucking jelly. Traded my 2020 for a 22. Now i need the 24. Integrated brake controller!! As long as i can still get an fx2 xlt. I am sold.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
The Ranger Raptor will cost the same as my buddies 2015 F150 Raptor when he bought it new.
they didnt make them in 2015, maybe he meant 2014?

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
i wonder if the ranger rap will fly under the radar or if itll go like the bronco or 37 raptor in terms of stupid crazy adm.
at least it got a 20 gallon tank but man, still dont get why they cant make that thing bigger. I get just slightly worse mpg in my raptor vs my tremor and 36 gallons, i get nearly double the range so for trips it is so nice to fill up once or twice.
Good power bump but it also bumped up in weight quite a bit, 5300lbs is up there for a midsize

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Yeah, but why risk a warranty claim when I can have a factory setup. I tow a big boat and could use every increase.
Well, I have the Ford Performance tune bought through Ford and installed by the dealer. The third-party company that has the lifetime powertrain warranty agreement with the dealer I bought the truck through said they would not void the warranty when bought from Ford and installed by the dealer. Time may tell if I get any pushback on a warranty claim I hope never happens.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
From Ford.com,s website:
Coulda done better photoshop editing. The caption does state that the truck is a computer generated image, but the people look like Lilliputians, and that harpoon looks too long to fit in the box
Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 08.34.16.png

I'm having more doubt that a SuperCab or SuperCrew/6'box is coming. Last july there was a NA version running around Dearborn, but no new photos since, and no mention of other configurations on the website.
First photo is from Australia, but it is a NA prototype. Note the cab mounted CHMSL and front wheel lip marker lights; ROW trucks have the CHMSL on the tailgate and the marker-signal lights are on the fender. The accompanying article stated it also has NA-type AC outlets in the box:
2023-Ford-Ranger-Extended-Wheelbase-Prototype-Exterior-002-Rear-Three-Quarters.jpg.webp.jpg

both prototypes have shark fin antennas vs the prong on the official photo.
Caught testing around Dearborn last July:
2024-Ford-Ranger-Super-Crew-Long-Bed-Prototype-Spy-Shots-June-2022-Exterior-001.jpg.webp copy.jpg

Orderbanks open 5/26- we'll see. No dealer order guides yet that I can find. IMO there's a remote possibility that 6' box versions may be late availability's while MAP concentrates on building Raptors and more popular 5'box config's for Job 1 (est. 8/07/23).

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
From Ford.com,s website:
Coulda done better photoshop editing. The caption does state that the truck is a computer generated image, but the people look like Lilliputians, and that harpoon looks too long to fit in the box
Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 08.34.16.png

I'm having more doubt that a SuperCab or SuperCrew/6'box is coming. Last july there was a NA version running around Dearborn, but no new photos since, and no mention of other configurations on the website.
First photo is from Australia, but it is a NA prototype. Note the cab mounted CHMSL and front wheel lip marker lights; ROW trucks have the CHMSL on the tailgate and the marker-signal lights are on the fender. The accompanying article stated it also has NA-type AC outlets in the box:
2023-Ford-Ranger-Extended-Wheelbase-Prototype-Exterior-002-Rear-Three-Quarters.jpg.webp.jpg

both prototypes have shark fin antennas vs the prong on the official photo.
Caught testing around Dearborn last July:
2024-Ford-Ranger-Super-Crew-Long-Bed-Prototype-Spy-Shots-June-2022-Exterior-001.jpg.webp copy.jpg

Orderbanks open 5/26- we'll see. No dealer order guides yet that I can find. IMO there's a remote possibility that 6' box versions may be late availability's while MAP concentrates on building Raptors and more popular 5'box config's for Job 1 (est. 8/07/23).
Ok it's over. Motor Authority is reporting that there will be no SuperCabs or SuperCrew/6'box for the 2024 Ranger. I suspected as much yesterday when the entry level price was stated as $32,565 pus $1,595 D/D. Still a giant leap for mankind from the 2023 XL SuperCrew at $29,535 plus $1495 D/D.
The Nissan Frontier, which was redone for 2023, has King Cab S & SV, and Crew Cab L o n g B e d SV (similar to XLT) options available. 5/19 the 2024 Tacoma will be announced; all the teases and spy shots are 4dr/5'box, but that's expected for a lifestyle- over vocational-marketed truck. Personally I'd lean toward the Canton, MS-built Frontier over the Apaseo el Grande, Mexico-built Taco. The GM twins are also 5'box only.
Need to reach out to Janelle over at Hudson Ford and let her know she can stop sending me Customer Private Offers and "We need your trade!" mailers-Ford's got nothing for me right now.

I am completely satisfied with my '21. I spec'ed it out with the thought of keeping it 20 years. who Knows ir might become a quasi classic: SuperCab XL with the uncommon STX-SE Package (only year 18' wheels avail. on an XL), factory hood struts, Ford Accessories Engine Cover (no longer made), fixed (not sliding)rear window w/defrost. Maybe someday trade even up for a split window 'Vette :crazy:

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Right on Jesse! :like: I'm debt free right now and have had my mortgage paid off since I was 44. The only reason I had a loan on my '19 was because it was 0% and a small amount so I could make more investing my money. I figure the Tremor will be everything I need but that darn Raptor is everything I want. lol In the end the Polish side always wins and I'll more than likely keep the Tremor as long as it treats me well.
When the Ranger PHEV (360 HP, 500 lb-ft, Pro power Onboard & better MPG) is announced the Polish side may go down in a flaming defeat.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I told you Al, Greg @gfitzge2 still has friends at MAP. One call and yours will be welded on internally. :bandit: ?
Looks like a copy of the DZ one. Did they license it from you or just steal it :bandit:?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like a copy of the DZ one. Did they license it from you or just steal it :bandit:?
Re-branded DeeZee. Hey, in this economy I gotta make money any way I can. :giggle:
Sponsored