First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I am curious how much larger the interior actually is considering they mentioned the truck is wide? ONLY thing I can't fix about our truck is the quite small feeling interior. I am not tall, 5'7" but I even have to bend my wrist awkwardly to get to the rear window switches for example.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am curious how much larger the interior actually is considering they mentioned the truck is wide? ONLY thing I can't fix about our truck is the quite small feeling interior. I am not tall, 5'7" but I even have to bend my wrist awkwardly to get to the rear window switches for example.
I'm the same size as you and the rear switches are a little awkward to get to. But besides that I love the feel and roominess of the cabin. If I were over 6' I might not but sometimes being short has its advantages.

Reactions: Doc

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I just don’t get all the complaints about a small interior. I'm 5-11 and my wife is 5-0. One of the first things we do when looking at a vehicle is see if we can both get a comfortable seating position and reach the controls. I had a 2011 ranger before my 2019 and it fit well. Before that I had a Dakota, don't exactly remember what year. Bought that becaise the Ranger at that time was too small, couldn't get the seat far enough back for me. My 2019 is roomy compared to the 2011. If you are coming from an F150 yes the ranger is going to feel small. It's a mid-size truck! Didn’t you test drive it before you bought?

Personally I don’t want the Ranger to get any bigger than it is now. It is the perfect size for what I need. Supposedly the Maverick is roomier inside, but it doesn’t have the towing capacity I need. If i need a bigger interior or other things I'd buy a full size truck, but then it wouldn't fit iny garage and I'd have to deal with parking it.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I just don’t get all the complaints about a small interior. I'm 5-11 and my wife is 5-0. One of the first things we do when looking at a vehicle is see if we can both get a comfortable seating position and reach the controls. I had a 2011 ranger before my 2019 and it fit well. Before that I had a Dakota, don't exactly remember what year. Bought that becaise the Ranger at that time was too small, couldn't get the seat far enough back for me. My 2019 is roomy compared to the 2011. If you are coming from an F150 yes the ranger is going to feel small. It's a mid-size truck! Didn’t you test drive it before you bought?

Personally I don’t want the Ranger to get any bigger than it is now. It is the perfect size for what I need. Supposedly the Maverick is roomier inside, but it doesn’t have the towing capacity I need. If i need a bigger interior or other things I'd buy a full size truck, but then it wouldn't fit iny garage and I'd have to deal with parking it.
I'm the same size as you and the rear switches are a little awkward to get to. But besides that I love the feel and roominess of the cabin. If I were over 6' I might not but sometimes being short has its advantages.
I guess I should mention I have twin 6yo boys in car seats in the back. Should help explain things. My wife likes to travel with WAY too much with her in the front seat too. Around town, I like the feel other than the window switch location. Kinda has a feel like I am driving my 66 Mustang in a weird way.

Edit: We use the Ranger as our primary tow vehicle so 150+ mile trips (2.5+hr drives) are not exactly uncommon.

Reactions: Doc

Trucker96

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021ranger
Theae

The armrests in the current truck are definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. They're unusable for me, especially the center.
agree 100% The one on the right is too far back and the left is too far away, for me anyway. Btw ,I used to race motocross in Byron. It was a great track!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I dont like the steering wheel placement. Nor the Nissan grill. :yawn:
Sponsored