• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2023 New York Auto Show Reveal for 2024 Ranger?

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Paying a ton of money to not get the vehicle you really want is not what I'd call "winning".
Sponsored

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Paying a ton of money to not get the vehicle you really want is not what I'd call "winning".
Agreed. This may be be my lat vehicle, I’m old but not that old 🤣. I will get exactly what I want or I’ll wait. Fortunately I am in a position of want not need.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
and nobody is advocating or forcing you to do that. Buying a new vehicle is a voluntary action. Each individual has to decide if they want, or even CAN do that considering their own circumstances. The game here, and the world at large has changed now. Adapt to it or not.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
The game here, and the world at large has changed now. Adapt to it or not.
It won't be like this forever. Interest rates are going to slow the market down a ton. Also, chip manufacturing as well as other parts will catch up eventually. We're already seeing a major slow-down in full-size trucks. They're everywhere and you can most likely get a deal on one.

K_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Agreed. This may be be my lat vehicle, I’m old but not that old 🤣. I will get exactly what I want or I’ll wait. Fortunately I am in a position of want not need.
I ordered exactly what I wanted for my 2022 Ranger. Ford deleted so much stuff from the Lariat, it's nothing more than an XLT with a silver badge on the side anymore. Deleting my LEDs up front REALLY pissed me off. They give you back about 12% credit for the parts costs ($500 out of $4000) But, I had already sold my truck so I needed a replacement. Plus, I waited six months for it and I had a color matched cap waiting. To this day, Ford still does not give a crap about those Lariat orders they deleted the lights from. Bastards. Despite being a lifelong loyal customer, I'll probably never buy another one.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I ordered exactly what I wanted for my 2022 Ranger. Ford deleted so much stuff from the Lariat, it's nothing more than an XLT with a silver badge on the side anymore. Deleting my LEDs up front REALLY pissed me off. They give you back about 12% credit for the parts costs ($500 out of $4000) But, I had already sold my truck so I needed a replacement. Plus, I waited six months for it and I had a color matched cap waiting. To this day, Ford still does not give a crap about those Lariat orders they deleted the lights from. Bastards. Despite being a lifelong loyal customer, I'll probably never buy another one.
That would piss me off too - LEDs were one of the reasons I chose a Lariat - but you still got push button start, right? I also prefer the "leather" seats - they are easier to clean than the cloth ones....

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The Ranger should be a proven vehicle when it arrives in NA. The 5G Ranger started to have things removed after the second NA year. Bean counters got to it and start removing things. Some examples from the 5G Lariat and other models. On 2019 all 4 doors had the touch sensors to unlock when you touch the handles, 2021 only front doors. Sound deadening removed. Tie downs reduced from 6 to 4. Engine cover not offered. Folding rear head rest. Power folding mirrors not offered in some packages where they were previously offered. Hopefully this will not happen on the new Ranger.
Sponsored